Menu
Bobbym77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere during football

Virgin Media, can you please admit on here that you can't cope with the demand during a major football game? 

I would prefer the truth rather than be treated like an idiot and be told a pack of lies!

I only stay with you because I work away from home; so utilise the TV anywhere for BT Sport, in the last 4 months I haven't been able to watch any games due to your poor service! Give me back the 300 quid for these months and I'll put it towards going to the CL final (at least I'll get to see it then).

I'm cancelling the service and have been recommending others to follow suit, BT have offered me more or less the same package for a fraction of the cost.

fast_al
Tuning in
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere during football

I'll second this. It's utterly shocking how bad your online tv service is. I've been trying to get the football playing for about half an hour (45 mins before KO!!) and still no joy. Surely you have the money to upgrade your servers to cope with demand...?
pujro
Superfast
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Agreed, not been on for ages. Just trying BT Sport, can't even get the TV Anywhere page to load properly never mind watching anything. No footy tonight then. Oh and nothing on service status either.

mne2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Same here - sometimes getting a 404 error whilst trying to load the channel list - rubbish right now Smiley Sad

davold
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Shock, horror, TV Anywhere down again when Champions League on. So looking forward to cancelling Virgin when I move in a few months. Terrible service.
shirleywhite
Dialled in
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Me too. Just getting the 404 error on virgin's TV anywhere page. Whenever football is on (especially champions league) the service seems to fall over. Very very annoying!!
cobrien
Tuning in
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I can connect fine on my iPad but tried two different PCs with edge, ie and firefox and just getting errors, so looks like it could be the web servers that cant cope with the demand.

pujro
Superfast
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Well, would you believe it, back on straight after the match Now we can all look forward to not watching Dortmund vs. Liverpool tomorrow. Or maybe just watching a blurry Sky Sports News repeating and buffering.

0 Kudos
chriscl
Superfast
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Yes but you have to bear in mind that - according to Virgin Media - you have absolutely no right to complain about TV Anywhere being unreliable or unable to cope with the demand, because it is a free service that they don't charge you for.

That, anyway, is the party-line they trot out whenever there are complaints about the service being inaccessible due to high demand.

I leave it to you to dwell on the validity of that argument.
pujro
Superfast
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Just got back in and headed straight for BT Sport Europe, "Oh crikey. We can't find that page." Surprise!

0 Kudos