Menu
giulianoberteo
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere does not work

TV anywhere does not work, I already tried IE11 and Firefox, Flash is installed and up to date, on different computers and over different networks.

Already tried to delete cache, cookies etc...

I am constantly getting "Device detection has timed out"

I can't even register the device as I'm getting the same error.

device timed out.jpg

Utterly bad service, especially given the amount of money this "premium" service it's costing!

And why on earth would you prevent a paying customer to only register 3 devices? Moreover 1 change per month only? What's the reason for this ? I really don't understand it, this limitation it's extremely frustrating and ludicrous.

Plus it doesn't support Chrome? In 2016, Flash only? Virgin are you kidding us ?

Worst service ever and I'll make sure I'll tell my friends to stay away from it!

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere does not work

''For legal reasons we have set some restrictions on where and how you can watch these shows, which means Virgin TV Anywhere can only be used on a maximum of two ‘devices’.

These devices can be any combination of a Windows PC or Apple Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android Tablet or Phone and Amazon Kindle Fire or Fire Phone''

From Virgins website. .
0 Kudos
giulianoberteo
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Legal reason ah? Well whatever, it still sucks and I hate this limit which still doesn't make ANY sense to me. They clearly need to get this sorted as in 2016 (now nearly 2017) people will easily have more than 2 devices... #sarcamsm
I have myself 2 phones 1 tablet and 2 laptops

0 Kudos
giulianoberteo
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Also that doesn't explain why it's so difficult to get it working (aka it doesn't work) and it should be 10 times easier to get it working but it's not

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi giulianoberteo, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

Apologies to hear you're having an issue getting your device registered for use with TV Anywhere. 

Since posting, have you had much luck getting the device detected? 

You've mentioned you have 2 laptops, a tablet and 2 phones. Are you able to try on one of the mobile devices to see if this is an issue with the online version. 

Come back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos