Menu
smith1
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere constant stopping on home computer.

This has been going on for close to a year now and still not fixed. While watching a channel it shuts off, tonight 8 times in one hour. I know Virgin knows it is doing it , but for some reason they refuse or don't to fix it. Pain in the butt.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere constant stopping on home computer.

Well over a year, in fact it has never streamed properly. More and more people are trying to use it with zero investment in capacity, development or quality. And it will get worse again when people get shiny new devices for Christmas.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi smith1,

Thanks for your post and apologies this is still an ongoing issue for you. 

We've made countless updates and by all accounts, buffering is not really an issue any longer. There are still a very small number of cases which have been reported to us but changing things like the wireless channel, and refreshing the browser seems to have abolished the fault. 

Try resetting the browser. Delete the cache, cookies and history and make sure Flash is fully up to date too. 

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
smith1
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have done everything you have mentioned a few times in the last few months and still it does the same thing. During this time I even have changed to a new computer and the problem is still there. So it is nothing to do with my computer or myself. This is the same answer I have received 2 or 3 times from a person in the forum team. To me the problem is on your end and not mine as I have seen a lot of other people that are having the same problem as I am having. My problem is not buffering, it is stopping of a program while watching and having to reload the page. This can happen several times in the time watching said program. Some channels are worse than others.
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I too have tried 4 computers on 3 different home networks.  While buffering does indeed happen less often, that has always been less of an issue than the stalling completely, which means you miss big chunks of what you are trying to watch. I have NEVER watched an entire show on TV Anywhere uninterrupted. NEVER.

I was probably the one putting the majority of the "buffering" reports in. I spent hours of my own time doing so. I was seeing zero improvement so it started to feel like a further waste of my time & I gave up both watching & reporting. Just because I thrown in the towel with TV Anywhere & stopped putting these reports in, does not mean, by any stretch of the imagination, that it is fixed. Please VM, stop burying your head in the sand.

smith1
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well said.