Menu
gmj1892
Joining in
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere - black screen, then fails to load. Help!

Yeah, just to reiterate, this problem was happening for me on every channel. 

However, as mentioned above, I'm now effectively locked out of the service since switching my device to Firefox, then being told on Firefox that this is not one of my registered devices. The whole thing is extremely frustrating and makes me consider switching to Sky

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Larry_D
Dialled in
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

This problem has nothing to do with browsers or flash.

It's affecting so many different people - in my case I use the app on two android devices - a Samsung Galaxy phone, and Virgin's own Telly Tablet.

Besides, *some* channels WILL load and play. 5 USA and Fox for example are working. ergo...not a browser, flash or device registation problem.

It was working fully one moment, then it stopped working fully. The problem is at VM's end pure and simple - and no tutorials, configuring settings different browsers (where applicable), reinstalling etc - is going to fix something which is faulty with our supplier..or 'lack of supplier' in this case.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If *some* channels WILL load and play then you aren't experiencing the same problem. For me, for the past 10 days, I couldn't get a stream started on any channel. Now they all stream. The quality is its usual, variable self; prone to stalling (with the player vanishing but after it has actually started), buffering, Skipping & repeating, but that's another problem altogether.

This problem has nothing to do with browsers or flash.

I didn't say that that. I said that in my observations, any 64-bit version of a browser has stopped working for TV Anywhere. But a 32-bit version seems to still "work". Essentially, by accident or design (I'll put my house on the former), VM have dropped support for 64-bit browsers.

0 Kudos
Larry_D
Dialled in
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Sorry I was not implying you had suggested it was down to browsers or flash - I was generally commenting on some of the other approaches taken to resolve the problems, along with suggestions from the forum team in other threads. Wasn't directing my reply at you as a rebuttal at all.

Apologies for the confusion caused :-)

And yes, it certainly sounds like there are a variety of different issues here causing a mix of problems with the service. Hopefully it will be back to full functionality for us all sooner than later.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time Larry, I appreciate it.

I'd suggest making your own topic for the problem(s) you are having, as you don't want to get lost in a sea of people having issues with TV Anywhere in browser, which is what this particular topic is about. No doubt one of the VM web team will send you round in pointless circles for "solutions" we both know couldn't possibly work, but if enough people post that they are having the same issue, they might just identify a pattern & do something about it one day. Or another user might do what I did & work out a solution for themselves in the absence of any help whatsoever from the "experts".

gmj1892
Joining in
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions about how to solve this problem. I spoke with someone on Live chat who brushed off my complaint and said it would be fixed in a server update at 4pm on Tuesday. Unsurprisingly, the issue persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated as it seems impossible to make any progress with this with Virgin staff.

0 Kudos