Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 17 (513 Views)

TV anywhere - black screen, then fails to load. Help!

Hi everyone,

I've been using TV anywhere on Microsoft Edge. On Monday, I signed in as normal, selected my channel and pressed play. The screen gave the usual impression of loading - the black box came up, at which point the picture normally follows, but this time the black box disappeared after a few seconds.

The screen then remains stuck on the attached image for ages. I have tried numerous different channels and even switched my browser to Internet Explorer (costing me my only remaining device change in the process), but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

GregTV.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17 (360 Views)

Re: TV anywhere - black screen, then fails to load. Help!

Hi gmj1892,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV Anywhere.

I've added another device change to your account so we can test this and hopefully get it working! I'd like you to go to your device management and remove the device in question then re-register it.

Then, you need to check to make sure your Flash is up to date. Also, stick to one browser if you can just to avoid further complication.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 17 (355 Views)

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your reply.

As mentioned previously, I have already switched the device between Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, and both are causing the same problem. I could try one more time but I don't see why it would suddenly work again just by changing the browser.

My flash player is up to date, and other sites work completely fine. I can use the Sky Sports app without any problems whatsoever, for example.

What would be the next steps, as the problem continues to persist? 

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 4 of 17 (350 Views)

I have the exact same problem in Windows 10, but my TV Anywhere browser is IE11, I have never used Edge. When it stopped working, I deregistered the device & registered it again. That didn't help; just used up my monthly device change.

I have another laptop that uses Firefox as it's TV Anywhere browser. That is still working.

So I'd like to try Firefox on this machine, but in order to do so I'll need a device change too please.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 17 (340 Views)

Looks like this has caused another problem. I used a device change to switch from Internet Explorer to Firefox. The change went through, but when I press play on a channel I'm told that I've reached my device limit and that this isn't one of my devices. Extremely frustrating seeing as I pay a sizeable sum for my TiVo box and want to be able to watch stuff on the go. 

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 6 of 17 (324 Views)

I went on chat to get a device change. Chat flat refused to help. After being on hold for over 30 minutes I finally got the device I change I thought I needed so that I could use Firefox as my TV Anywhere browser (as Firefox still works for TV Anywhere on my other laptop).

I was aware that Firefox too is also phasing out plug-ins, so I installed Firefox ESR to guarantee Flash support for a while longer. Installed Flash, Deleted my old registration & reregistered in Firefox.

Firefox is failing in exactly the same way as IE11 did on this Windows 10 machine. Firefox on my other W10 machine is OK.

I am usually helping other users with device issues, so I know what I'm doing, and what to look out for. But no matter what I try, I can't get this machine to stream anything. It's been like this for nearly a week now.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17 (296 Views)

I have got the same problem with Premier Sports

Premier Sports is not working on TV Anywhere on my computer I am using windows 10 I have tried it using Firefox and Internet Explorer and and Premier sports dose not work on either browser other channels are working ok on  TV Anywhere.

I click on watch now and screen goes blank  My flash player is up to Date

HELP!!

2017-04-20.png

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 8 of 17 (289 Views)

Have you tried any other channels paw62? I can't stream any, symptoms identical to OP.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17 (262 Views)

Other channels on TV ANYWHERE are working ok it's just Premier Sport channel that's not working

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 10 of 17 (254 Views)

paw62 wrote:

Other channels on TV ANYWHERE are working ok it's just Premier Sport channel that's not working

that is almost certainly a server / stream problem, not a device or app fault

0 Kudos