Menu
RobbPorter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere app

So, can I actually watch TV and boxsets on my tablet using the TV Anywhere app like you can with SkyGo? All I can seem to do is search for shows. When I find one I want to watch it either tells me to watch it on Netflix or on my TV. Can I watch stuff on the tablet? If so, is there any way to get rid of all the crap that isn't available to view on the tablet? Like a "view shows available to watch on this device only" button? After all, what's the point in listing every season for every show if I can't watch a single episode???

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere app

Are you trying to watch via Wi-Fi or mobile data? If it's mobile data then that's the reason it's only available via Wi-Fi
0 Kudos
RobbPorter
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I only have WiFi on this tablet. Data isn't an option.
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You can stream TV Anywhere channels (WiFi only), and manage TiVo recordings in the app (any data connection). That's it.

0 Kudos
RobbPorter
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers. So just live TV. Not even my recordings? That kinda sucks ass compared to Sky and all their box sets.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sky, BT have the same limitations. if there's a recording on one of their boxes you can't stream it from there to  a mobile device.

Sky Go , now TV stream from Sky servers, not from customers STB

0 Kudos
dark_horizon
Just joined
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere?? not really its more a TV as long as your within 4 feet of your tivo box and that's really.  I've had it on phone and tablet for quite a while and  I have to say its the worst app to ever grace my devices. It nothing other than a glorified remote control for your tivo box. As I type I just tried to watch on tablet a tv show marked for streaming, and guess what , it cant contact my DVR gee what a surprise; one of the reasons I added this pile to my tablet was I'm at work quite a lot and although I pay a colossal amount for my degrading services that I really can't watch; so being able to watch what I pay for at work, on my Tab during breaks would be good and strangely enough; I don't leave my tivo box at home switched on burning power while I'm not there. and to get it near to tivo I'd need a very long cable or run home during my breaks

So why when I'm paying for my services am I not "ALLOWED"; to use them??? I see here that there are a number of people wondering the same, So lets see, to watch the channels I want to watch that I  PAY for I have to use other apps iplayer, 4od my5  so why am I paying for something I clearly can't use , so is Virgin trying to get me to say well what's the point and reduce my services?

Why so cross over an app; well its like this, I pay for the access to an XL pack every month with what appears to be diminishing returns; I thought hmmm this app appears to be a good idea, TV anywhere great! no not really; tv anywhere turns out to be TV no where or tv not even within 4 feet of a tivo box, not really practical and mobile app is a bit of a cheat, since its far from mobile; should I call my finger my mobile finger because it can change the channel on my tivo box and moves around. To be honest if Virgin had been honest about their TV nowhere app and said it was only a useful remote extension for your tivo , I'd have understood, but no you had to go and misrepresent it by saying tv anywhere which is clearly is a misrepresentation, there's little point in disputing , unless virgin have come up with their own definition of anywhere to actually mean nowhere other than a select space in front of a tivo box finger not supplied. Which kind of negates the point of the app, since you can use the dare I say on screen menu, on ones TV,; gasp who would have thought of something so radical.

So unless your about to do something extraordinary like say renaming it as Virgin tivo remote, and the proviso no channels can be viewed using this app other than those you can watch on TV and not on the app, not only would it be an honest description but cause less frustration. Or you could just go back to the drawing board and produce an app that works as ones portable access to ones tv package, which it currently does not at this time, telling me I can watch on netflix or my tv isn't really all that helpful and here's a colourful picture of something we aren't going to show you.

Before saying something that you consider clever and I know more than you; go to somewhere remote not in your house or just down stairs and genuinely try to use the app, and when you discover its not really what it suggests it is, come back and tell us what you really think of it as a mobile app; not from virgin media's perspective but from a users perspective.

Its like a lot of boxes with pictures of lovely sweeties on the top of the box but when you lift the top its always empty.

0 Kudos