Menu
LisaGlikesTv
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

'TV anywhere' app

Hi there,
Was hoping somebody could help me with this problem.. I cannot seem to use the app (on my iPhone 6)'tv anywhere' as it keeps coming up cannot connect to TiVo box, have went through all the troubleshooting q, have went through remote control settings allowing me to access device thingy. Still no joy, I can see my shows etc but when I click to watch it always says cannot connect to TiVo box? Where I am I going wrong??
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'TV anywhere' app

have you allowed network remote control on your box

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

And is your TiVo connected to your Superhub with an Ethernet cable?

You can use most of the features of TV Anywhere without that connection (managing recordings, viewing streaming channels etc.), but starting the playback of recordings on the TiVo, which is what it sounds like you're trying to do, and using your phone as a remote control require this connection.

0 Kudos
LisaGlikesTv
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for ur reply.
I'm not sure what that cable is 🙈 Lol.
Do u mean the box for the wifi and the TiVo box? There's only one cable running from the wifi box and it's connected to tv, is this Ethernet cable something I have to buy separate?
0 Kudos
LisaGlikesTv
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for ur reply
yeah I have done that
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

LisaGlikesTv wrote:
Hi thanks for ur reply.
I'm not sure what that cable is 🙈 Lol.
Do u mean the box for the wifi and the TiVo box? There's only one cable running from the wifi box and it's connected to tv, is this Ethernet cable something I have to buy separate?

Yep, you need to connect your TiVo to the Wi-Fi box with an Ethernet cable (less than £1 on ebay) to enable all the functionality. Without that you can't use it to start recordings playing back on the TiVo or use it as a remote control.

One thing though, this does not allow you to watch recorded programs from your box on your phone\tablet.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think Tavis75 has hit a home run here.

If you are attempting to watch a recorded program on your phone, this cannot be done.

With TiVo connected to your home network, you can use the app to start display of a recording on your TV. Without the connection, you get the message you are seeing.

LisaGlikesTv
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi got one of those cables it's working now so thank u for ur help! but as u said I was hoping to watch things from my planner which I now no I cannot 😣
Cheers for all ur help