Menu
elmuchotanko
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere app

My app will not respond, constantly states it is 'reconnecting' and that my box is not connected to the internet

I have tried reinstalling the app to no avail

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere app

Hi elmuchotanko, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having with getting TV Anywhere to work on your device. 

It would help us to know, what action were you trying to perform when this error message came up? 

Can you try rebooting your TiVo® so it can try to connect to it again Smiley Happy

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
elmuchotanko
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately none of this works, the error message of 'reconnecting' happens continously while trying to open the app, it does not open at all
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi elmuchotanko, 

Thanks for coming back to me about this. 

OK, what software is your S5 currently running? 

Are you trying to open the app when connected via wifi or 3G / 4G?

Is your TiVo® connected to your hub / router via an ethernet cable, powerline adapters or neither?

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cjr2k
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue on my S5. But I believe the issue is down to a recent update to enable Voice over Wi-fi calling on the phone. While this is enabled, the app will refuse to connect but once Vo-WiFi is switched off it works fine. A bit of a pain the when you rely on Vo-WiFi due to signal in your home. I'm am surprised there are not more people on here with this issue. Hopefully virgin will sort the app out to allow Vo-WiFi and connecting to the tivo to work at the same time
Stewie-stu
Just joined
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fantastic work cjr2k I had this problem for months and finally somebody found the answer...disable wifi calls and it works. Give that man a pay rise!
0 Kudos