Menu
muunkyboy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere - android tablet - wrong username and password error

Help, this is driving me crazy!  I have received my shiny new Tivo box today and I'm trying to set up TV anywhere on my Android device (Nexus 7 running Android 6.0.1)

I've installed the TV Anywhere App but when I try and sign in it says 'Invalid username and password' - but I'm 100% positive that I'm using the correct username and password as I can log into Myvirgin media absolutely fine.

Any help appreciated!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere - android tablet - wrong username and password error

give it 24 hours for the servers to update that you now have a tivo

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi muunkyboy, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were getting the username and password invalid error message. 

As mentioned by dannylau, it should all be working after your TiVo® has been installed for 24 hours. How are things working for you now?

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
muunkyboy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No dice, still getting the same wrong username and password error.

0 Kudos
Willcox122
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue. It's been over 24 hour since Tivo was installed, but when I try and login to anywhere it does not work. I can login to my virgin fine. No impressed.

0 Kudos
muunkyboy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Call 150 from your Virgin landline, it's likely your Tivo wasn't activated properly.  I noticed that none of the catchup / on,-demand services were working.  After a quick call to Virgin the Tivo was re-activated and Hey Presto, everything worked.  What isn't immediately clear is that in order for TV anywhere to work is that your Tivo must be connected to your router via a lan cable.  Keep trying and you'll get there!

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

muunkyboy wrote:

Call 150 from your Virgin landline, it's likely your Tivo wasn't activated properly.  I noticed that none of the catchup / on,-demand services were working.  After a quick call to Virgin the Tivo was re-activated and Hey Presto, everything worked.  What isn't immediately clear is that in order for TV anywhere to work is that your Tivo must be connected to your router via a lan cable.  Keep trying and you'll get there!

That is not correct. A connection is required only for some features such as using your phone/tablet as a remote control. Watching programmes does not require a cable, only a Wi-Fi connection.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos