Menu
jamesfarrands
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere Keep Crashing with error message in the middle of the screen

When I'm watching streaming TV it keeps crashing with an error message in the middle of the screen but still playing the TV show in the background. Is anyone else having th same issues?

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere

The TV Anywhere platform falls over completely whenever demand is high, and that's usually when there's a big game on BT Sport.

I have been reporting this for 19 months now. Virgin Media keep insisting they have fixed it, and bury their heads in the sand every time someone points out that they haven't fixed it at all.

They will respond to this post, probably in about 5 days if you're lucky, asking if it's working again. Of course it will be, unless they ask while another big match is on. But the web team run away from the forums at any sign of such trouble, so that's unlikely.

The "best" advice I have been given on this matter is to not even try using TV Anywhere when the big matches are on. They are clearly missing the point entirely.

In short, don't hold your breath for a fix on this. In the 19 months this has been going on, the situation has become worse, not better.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamesfarrands, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great to have you involved in the Community. 

In order to help you try and resolve things I'll need a little more information. What is the full error message that comes up on the screen in front of the streaming programme?

What channel were you watching when this happened?

Has this happened again since?

Let me know so I can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SunnyCaz
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not working for us either. Keeps saying high demand try later. Great! This always happens when we need it most. Must be because there is lots of sport on the telly today. When will this be fixed? Does VM need to invest more? Certainly should have the funds since you put up the prices VM. Come on, deliver what you say you do. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi SunnyCaz, 

Apologies for the issues you were faced with whilst the Sport was on last week. 

This is an issue we are aware of and have been making changes in the background to resolve this over the last few weeks.

A fix was put in place however we've seen this is still happening since so we are back to the drawing board. 

Once a new fix goes live I will be in touch to let you know.

Apologies again.

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos