Menu
MeganPo
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

TV Nowhere app!

Sick to the back teeth of asking what is happening with the TV Anywhere app! It hasn't been working properly for weeks now! Seriously come on Virgin, I'm paying for a service that I am able to use all the facilities not the current service where an app doesn't work!
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Nowhere app!

A bit more info & the community might be able to help.

Android or iOS?
What happens when you try to use it?
Have you recently updated the operating system?
0 Kudos
MeganPo
Joining in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I'm on iOS 8.4 and the same message keeps coming up on both iPhone and iPad. Message says (server error SyncAccount error: 0)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi MeganPo

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that TV Anywhere hasn't been working for the past few weeks. I understand how frustrating it can be as I bet you have tried and tried but no joy, hopefully we can get this working for you.

If you sign into your account, under My Profile select Device Settings. In here it will show one device that has been registered to use TV Anywhere and one device change. On the device that is already registered remove from the list and re-install the app. Once it has been installed, select a stream-able channel as this will then prompt for registration. If this works we can then go onto the next device and get that working also.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MeganPo
Joining in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

TV Nowhere app!

Well still no progress on the TV Anywhere problem that I'm getting! Still doesn't work on any of my devices except the laptop. Is this a nationwide problem as this has been going on for weeks now!! Really frustrated at Virgin now! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi MeganPro, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Did you give the steps that Sam advised a try? 

This usually solves this type of issue. 

It may also be worth deleting the app and reinstalling it. 

Sometimes this error happens if you've not got an active TiVo® service too. Can you confirm your TiVo® is working as it should be?

Let me know how it all goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MeganPo
Joining in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I've tried everything and still nothing. Just keep getting the same error message every time
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi MeganPo, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Looking at the account, we're seeing the registration for the iPad isn't a recent one. 

We're not able to remove it from this side so using your laptop please go to anywhere.virginmedia.com on your laptop > My Profile > Device Settings. 

Delete the iPad from the registered devices slot. Once you've done that post back here so we can check the system is updating this. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MeganPo
Joining in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

TV Nowhere app!

Hi,

That's the iPad deleted from my settings. Now what should I do? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi MeganPo

Thanks for the reply and following the steps. I understand how frustrating this can be considering all the checks you have completed, which we appreciate.

I can see that there are now no devices registered for TV Anywhere so it is updating correctly. The next step will be to go onto iPad, open the TV Anywhere app, (maybe re-install it first if its already installed), select any streaming channel that has a wireless symbol at the side. When you select Watch Now this should prompt for registration of the iPad. Once this has been completed it will work.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos