Menu
PJ2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

TV Nowhere AGAIN

So - here we go again! At least tonight I achieved a whole 27 mins of the Liverpool v Arsenal game. Then I disconnected and then guess what ... Can't reconnect because 'we are experiencing high demand blah' - oh, then we can't connect to TiVo!!!
Tags (1)
mellis0
Dialled in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Nowhere AGAIN

Yep same with me Smiley Sad

Regards

Mark

PJ2 wrote:
So - here we go again! At least tonight I achieved a whole 27 mins of the Liverpool v Arsenal game. Then I disconnected and then guess what ... Can't reconnect because 'we are experiencing high demand blah' - oh, then we can't connect to TiVo!!!

Tags (1)
stevee303
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying since 8pm (over an hour) to access the game from my home PC. Variously directing me to the general VM website, hanging and not leaving the page or timing out. I have restarted my PC, reset the router and tried different browsers. All a complete waste of time.

You always think 'I won't call support because they will take so long to sort the problem out I might as well give it a go myself'.

You watch - tomorrow I will get an email which will include the question 'how likely are you to recommend VM to a friend...etc'

mellis0
Dialled in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

At the moment the 'how likely are you to recommend VM to a friend...etc' is not looking good :

Regards

Mark

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi PJ2, mellis0, and stevee303,

Apologies for the high demand problems you have been experiencing with TV Anywhere.

We were notified that the technicians working on this problem applied a fix for this on Wednesday. Have you had the error come up since?

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Thank you,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
AlanMac1
Dialled in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The next time you will see an answer to this will be when there is football on a VM channel.  That is when the problem occurs so, lets wait and see if it has been fixed.

Only been waiting for 2 years.

Terri_P wrote:

Hi PJ2, mellis0, and stevee303,

Apologies for the high demand problems you have been experiencing with TV Anywhere.

We were notified that the technicians working on this problem applied a fix for this on Wednesday. Have you had the error come up since?

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Thank you,

Terri

Crockret
Well-informed
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Seeing as it happened again for the Saturday lunchtime game, I have every confidence that this isn't fixed.

As everyone but Virgin Media seems to know, the fix is simply adding more capacity, not sitting around doing nothing, waiting for the match to finish then trying to take credit for fixing it when you've done nothing at all.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crockret,

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing this. Thank you for letting me know. 

I'll feed this back to the technicians.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
aaronskilton
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Like I said in my post you give the service we pay for but only when it's convenient for yourselves, not when we actually want to use it .Waste of money .
mellis0
Dialled in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terry

I will definitely let you know if the problem occurs again.

I appreciate the apology, but unfortunately that does not address the fact that this has been a regularly occurring issue which happens on a high value viewing time - ie we are paying extra to watch BT Sports channels to watch on TV Anywhere. In my view this issue has gone beyond being acceptable and should be addressed not to occur again.

I wasn't affected on Saturday - I was watching from Fletch & Sav onwards.

It will be easy to predict the next time this issue occurs,again:

choose aTuesday or Wednesday with either FA Cup, Premier League or Champions League football which generates a viewing audience on TV Anywhere that exceeds the designed capacity limit of TV Anywhere

Regards

Mark