Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (88 Views)

TV Anywhere

I am unable to use my iphone as a remote for my Tivo V6 or download any of my recordings. The Tivo box is connected to my home hub via a CAT5 cable and has been allocated an IP address but the message I receive when attempting to connect my phone to use as a remote is "To use your device as a remote control for your Tivo, you will need to connect your Tivo Box to the same home network as the device" My phone is connected to the same network as the Tivo Box. If I go to my shows download option it is greyed out and if I select it, the message I get is "You need to be in your home, on the same network as your Tivo Box to setup streaming or stream/download recordings" But as I said, I am. Can someone offer some advice please?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 6 (85 Views)

Re: TV Anywhere

There are two TiVo settings you should check:

1. Have you enabled the allow network remote control setting?

2. Have you enabled the setting to allow TiVo to get an address from the DHCP server?

Sorry, can't advise the path to these settings as I'm not in front of a TiVo at the moment.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6 (76 Views)

Hi I have allowed network-based remote controls and the Tivo Box has been allocated an IP address. I can see it in connected devices on my home hub.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6 (59 Views)

Hi Valentino-46,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue trying to use the remote control function via TV Anywhere. 

It sounds as though the correct handshakes aren't being made between the devices. Try the following: 

> Firstly turn the Hub and the V6 off by the mains and leave off for around 5 minutes. 

> Double check the ethernet cable to ensure it's secure at both ends.

> While these are powered off, delete the app from your device and restart that. 

> Turn on the Superhub and allow time for it to be completely online. 

> Next power up the V6 and wait until you can navigate between menus without any hesitations.

> Finally re-download the app to your device. 

Has this helped to resolve things? Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6 (50 Views)

Hi Thanks for getting back. I did get it working by just powering the V6 box off and on.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6 (37 Views)

Hi Valentino-46,

That's great, glad to hear it's working now!

Pop back to the Community if you get any more trouble.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos