Menu
Dpleith
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere

Have used the app for years on my iPad and iPhone. Now it won't let me log in. I put in correct username and password but then asked "For security reasons, please confirm you're not a robot below". I do that the press sign in at which point it goes back to the beginning. Green ticks beside each box but it does not sign in. I've stopped shouting at my devices and been advised to ask in the forum. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere

Hey Dpleith,

Thank you for posting, I'm sorry that you've not been able to log in, I hope you've been keeping well. There's a few tips you can try for the TV Anywhere:-

• Sign out and sign back in, after clearing your cache/temp files. Make sure when signing in anywhere, that the caps lock is monitored and the username and password are typed correctly.
  • Reinstall the app itself, after clearing cache and cookies.
  • Check to see if you can sign into TV Anywhere from a PC to see if it streams. Please bear in mind that Chrome isn't supported.
  • Check that your device OS hasn't been changed recently, for example, Android 6.0.1 is unsupported.

If these work then please let me know, if not, I have more that can help you Smiley Happy

Give these a go and please get back to me when you can.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Dpleith
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ben,

I've tried it all and still no success. Got TV Anywhere on my PC and it was fine and showed the 2 devices I have.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dpleith, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and apologies things still aren't working. 

It'll be best to reset things so using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registrations by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the devices you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dpleith
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

Tried it all. Deleted devices but still not able to log into the app. I removed it and reloaded it but still no joy. Complete the process and  press Sign In at which point it returns to the "for security reasons" message. Extremely frustrating. 

Dawn 

0 Kudos
Dpleith
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

i have tried everything suggested and it's not working. Now I'm not able to use the Sky Sports app to watch live sport. It doesn't accept my log in. 

Surely there must be some way to sort this out

Dawn

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for your message, I'm very sorry that there's been some disruptions on the TV Anywhere app and what you're viewing. I can see that you have already had a chat with Kath and have been able to run some of your own tests and reinstalling the app to try and alleviate the issue at hand.

I would like to ask for you to call into our team on 150/ 0345 454 1111, second number for non-Virgin Media phones. If we're unable to remedy the issue there and then, we'll have a ticket created to investigate.

Many thanks.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos