Menu
Milosdad
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere

When trying to access TV Anywhere on my Desktop tonight I'm getting a message saying device not registered. It is, and it was working last night! Anyone tell me a way to resolve this please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere

Hi Milosdad,

Thanks for your post and apologies regarding the issues you are currently facing with TV Anywhere.

We're aware there is an open fault and are working to get things fixed as soon as possible. 

You can keep up to date on the fault here:TV Anywhere fault

Apologies once again for any inconvenience caused and welcome to the forum. 

Thanks,

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Milosdad
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Karen. However having looked through the many questions on the forum this looks as though it's been an ongoing issue for sometime.

Why can't Virgin save their customers a lot of angst by getting their act together and sorting out these issues sooner than they do? We are after all paying for the service and at a time when there are often two games of football on at the same time I'm missing out watching one on TV Anywhere and one on my TV.

The broadband speed you deliver needs to be matched by the speed you resolve issues like this.

jp70aq
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem.

The best option would be to scrap "Register Device". Username and password should be enough to view content.

MeanMclean
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm Having the same issue also.. surely it makes sense to scrap how many devices can be registered until the issue is resolved??

this means to TV for me tonight! :-(

0 Kudos
Monty5
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So I spent 45 mins corresponding with VM support today. Finally, somehow, my 2 devices were re-instated and working.  I log in tonight and both machines get the device limit warning again.  Back to square one.  And I see that I have no device changes left for the month, despite the fact that I haven't changed anything.

This system glitch is now into the third day.  Can VM please correspond with it's customers, inform us of what has happened, get it sorted and re-consider the ludicrous 'one change a month' limit.

0 Kudos
REures
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

After I got off the chat session with support this morning, they said that the fault should be fixed by 12:30. Well, 10 hours later and guess what, it is still borken.
Surprised? I'm not.....
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks so much for your patience whilst we are looking in to this fault. 

Just to give you an update, the teams have been working on this and we hope to have a resolution soon.  

As a work around we are able to add a device change for you which will allow you to register the device however as soon as you log out, you will get the same error again. To get the change added, please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and follow the options to speak to the Broadband Faults team. 

I know this isn't the best solution but it is only a work around until we can get things back to normal for you. 

Keep an eye on the sticky here for further updates: TV Anywhere Device Registration

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos