Menu
Wovey81
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere

TV Anywhere does not recognise my virgin ID and password. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know the solution. I am definitely entering the correct username and password. Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
lincsguy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere

If it is for movies or sport you have to use the Sky app then use Virgin Media login with username and password. 

Don't use the Sky login.

Wovey81
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yes I have the Sports one bit I didn't know about the movies one 😃
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wovey81,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even though the circumstances aren't the best. Smiley Sad

Since using the Sky Sports and or Sky Movies apps, have you been able to log in?

When using TV Anywhere online, are you able to log in here?

Do you have an active TiVo® subscription?

Let me know so I can help further with this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Wovey81
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Yes I can log into both Sky apps and have an active Tivo subscription. I can also log into my Virgin account with the same id. It us just the TV anywhere app that does not recognise my I'd.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wovey81,

Thanks for coming back and sticking with me on this. Smiley Happy

As the log in details are working when using them to sign into the Sky apps and your online account, it's very unlikely to be an account issue. 

Make sure you are typing in the username and password and not allowing the phone / tablet to Autofill the information. This can sometimes give you the error as it tries adding a space on. 

If once typing them out you are still having the same issue, try resetting the password within My Virgin Media and trying again. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Wovey81
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I chose to leave this at the time as going backwards and forwards on this is tiresome. I am entering my username and password correctly without any additional spaces. I have also reset my password, which means I have had to reset on my email accounts and Sky movies etc where is does work, unnecessarily. This is clearly a problem with the TV Anywhere app. Is this likely to be resolved?
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wovey81,

Thanks for coming back to me. 

As mentioned back in May, as you are able to sign in to TV Anywhere online, it would meant there is no fault with the account so there isn't anything to be resolved in terms of it being an account issue. 

What is the make and model of the device you are having the issue signing in on? 

What OS does it run off?

Has it ever worked on this particular device?

Can you try the app on another device? Does this work?

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Wovey81
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I think you may have mis-read my post. I am unable to log into TV Anywhere by any means. I have tried through a few different devices. However I can log in the equivalent Sky Apps successfully along with my regular Virgin Account using the same user name and password. I have tried the App on Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) and Android tablet (Acer Iconia one). Is there a known issue with the app on Android? I have never been able to sign into the app at all.
Thanks in advance for your help.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wovey81,

Thank you for coming by and letting us know about what's been going on Smiley Happy

I would like to ask if there have been any changes to your TiVo package recently, as this is a little odd to see when you are able to log into Sky's side only.

Also just to add food for thought, do you have any other TV Anywhere login/ passwords set up?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos