Menu
keyworthowl
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere

When will TV Anywhere be available for the Sony Xperia Z3 compact tablet? It is already available for the phone

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
barman58
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere

Have you tried downloading the app from play store - As far as I know the versions of Android on the phone and the Compact tablet are the same so should work

If you solve your issue - post back - It may help others
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi keyworthowl, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having to use 2 different devices in order to watch TV Anywhere and/or Sky Movies/Sports. 

What error are you getting when trying to watch TV Anywhere on the tablet? 

What OS are you running on the tablet? 

When trying to watch the Sky channels, what error are you getting when trying to stream from the Sky apps?

Let me know so I can help Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Keyworthowl, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and apologies for the long post you're about to readSmiley Happy

OK so if we address TV Anywhere first Smiley Happy

If you updated the app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC / Laptop, can you please go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Delete your phone so it's no longer registered and then delete the app from your phone. 

Once you've done this, re-download the app on your phone and proceed to set it up as though this is the first time. Select Channel 4 and try to watch this. It should prompt you to register the device. Follow those prompts and streaming should then commence.

Next, for Sky Sports, we'll need to do the same as the TV Anywhere and Sky platforms are separate and therefore not synced so any changes made to one, also need to be made to the other. 

You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. Do the same as we've done above, deleting the device to free up a slot. Delete the app from the phone and then redownload it again. 

This time, with Sky as soon as you try to stream the device will be registered. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Derek, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy 

I'm glad to hear all is working for you now. If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care.
Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos

All Replies
barman58
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you tried downloading the app from play store - As far as I know the versions of Android on the phone and the Compact tablet are the same so should work

If you solve your issue - post back - It may help others
keyworthowl
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have downloaded the TV anywhere app, and the sky sports and movie apps. As things stand at the moment, I can get TV anywhere on my xperia z3 phone, but not sky sports and movies. I can get movies and sport on my tablet, but not TV anywhere. When I contacted the Virgin tv anywhere experts at the end of January, they told me that they had not got round to the tablet yet, but it should work in a couple of weeks. I can try renaming the devices at the beginning of  March, and hope that it doesn't mess things up on both devicesdevices. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi keyworthowl, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having to use 2 different devices in order to watch TV Anywhere and/or Sky Movies/Sports. 

What error are you getting when trying to watch TV Anywhere on the tablet? 

What OS are you running on the tablet? 

When trying to watch the Sky channels, what error are you getting when trying to stream from the Sky apps?

Let me know so I can help Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
keyworthowl
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Kathryn, and I hope you can help. When I try to watch TV Anywhere on my tablet, the message is that device registration is required. When I go to device registration, the message is "You currently have both of your 2 allowed devices registered" This, of course, is one of my registered devices, and I can watch both Sky Sports and Movies on it. On my phonephone, I can watch TV Anywhere, but when I try to watch Sports and Movies, I get the message " You have reached the limit for registered devices. I know that it is now MarchMarch, and I can try and do something with registration, I am reluctant to do so in case I then cannot get anything on either of them. Until the end of January, my registered devices were my previous phone and my laptop, and I had no problems until I changed. I would be grateful for any assistance. 

0 Kudos
keyworthowl
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

In addition to my last message, the OS is Android 5.1.1 on both the phone and the tablet. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Keyworthowl, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and apologies for the long post you're about to readSmiley Happy

OK so if we address TV Anywhere first Smiley Happy

If you updated the app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC / Laptop, can you please go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Delete your phone so it's no longer registered and then delete the app from your phone. 

Once you've done this, re-download the app on your phone and proceed to set it up as though this is the first time. Select Channel 4 and try to watch this. It should prompt you to register the device. Follow those prompts and streaming should then commence.

Next, for Sky Sports, we'll need to do the same as the TV Anywhere and Sky platforms are separate and therefore not synced so any changes made to one, also need to be made to the other. 

You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. Do the same as we've done above, deleting the device to free up a slot. Delete the app from the phone and then redownload it again. 

This time, with Sky as soon as you try to stream the device will be registered. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
keyworthowl
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice Kathryn. As the Xperia 3 series of phones and tablets are to be updated to Android 6 within the next week, would it perhaps be better to wait until this has been done? 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
keyworthowl
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Kath,

I decided to do as you suggested, rather than wait for Android 6. It worked, so I can now watch TV Anywhere and Sky Sports and Movies on both my tablet and my phone.Thank you very much for your help.

Derek Sowerby

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Derek, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy 

I'm glad to hear all is working for you now. If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care.
Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos