Menu
Crash381
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere

New to VM and a bit confused by the app. TiVo box not connected to hub so I know I can't use app as tv remote but just want to know what else connecting TiVo box would allow me to do. Tried to call VM today but clearly couldn't get this simple point across
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere

Hi Crash381,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to see a new face in the Community Smiley Happy

Connecting the TiVo® to the hub will give you access to the Remote control feature. 

This works in 2 ways. You can pull up the remote control and use it as you would the actual remote or alternatively you can browse the TV listings and if something you fancy comes on, you can then click on the programme and select Watch on TV. It will then change the TV over to the programme. 

If anything, personally, the best use of this feature for me is to hide away round the corner and change the channel over when someone else is the household is watching something. It's the best prank ever Smiley Very Happy 

You can view all there is to know about TV Anywhere here: http://virg.in/E1esJ

If you have any other queries / questions, let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You heard it here first - the best thing about TV Anywhere is practical jokes.

TV Anywhere is literally jokes.
0 Kudos
Crash381
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I thought I could watch programmes I've recorded? In 'My Shows' it has a 'Watch Now' option but states I need to have the TiVo box connected.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You cannot watch recordings from My Shows on your mobile device via the TV Anywhere app.

What you can do, if your TiVo is connected to your Superhub home network, is start the recording on the TV connected to the TiVo, from the TV Anywhere app.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crash381, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

As mentioned by Ernie_C, you're not able to watch recordings via TV Anywhere. He's given an awesome explanation for the error too - I've given you some Kudos for that @Ernie_C Smiley Very Happy 

If there is anything else we can answer, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos