Menu
rogergreen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere

Hi there

I registered my iphone 5s as a second device for TV anywhere.  I then go into TV Anywhere on the phone, try to watch a TV programme, and it says '' \Device Registration required'' Firstly I already have, and secondly , when I press''Register'' it tells me that I already have two devices registered! Well I know I have, si why do I have to register again - and anyway, there is no facility on the phone for doing so.

Help please

Thanks

Roger 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere

Hi Roger, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for any misunderstandings here. 

There was recently an update to the iOS with Apple. If you updated then you would need to re-register your device. 

It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings.

Remove the iPhone registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the iPhone, open up the TV Anywhere app and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts on the app and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rogergreen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath

I did all that but it came back with the message  ''Sorry, you don't have any available changes to register this device''  I may have devices registered as far as Virgin are concerned, but not as far as I am concerned.  Grrrrrrr!!!

Any clues?

Roger

0 Kudos
aaronskilton
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't bother .It's not working anyway.
0 Kudos
rogergreen
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Aaron.  I think you are right .  It's never worked consistently whereas my Sky friends seem to have no trouble at all!

Roger

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roger, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I think you've misunderstood the error message slightly. You have no devices registered for use with TV Anywhere. 

The error message is telling you that you have no device changes left to use not slots Smiley Happy

I've gone into the account to add a device change for you. Use this to register one of your devices. The changes will then be reset on the 1st March to enable you to register another device. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rogergreen
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks for your help on this, but I am a bit of an old duffer when it comes to these things, so please bear with me

- I am confused about device slots/changes.  If I have no devices registered surely I wouldn't need any device changes, so how is it that I have none left?

- I want to put TV Anywhere on my iPhone.  Do I actually have to effect this using my iPhone or can I do it on my PC

Sorry to be stupid. 

Roger

0 Kudos
rogergreen
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

No reply from you yet, and it's still driving me berserk.   I uninstalled the app on my iphone and registered it on my PC.  I then reinstalled the app on my iphone, and it shows as being registered.  I then tried to watch channel 4 and it says ''Device Registration Required''  BUT IT'S ALREADY REGISTERED, ISN'T IT because I've just registered it on my PC?  I then go to Register it in the second slot just in case I've done it wrong and it tells me that I have don't have any available changes to register ! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  I'm seriously thinking of abandoning Virgin.

Please help, but with due respect, there's no point in telling me to do again what I've done already!

Regards

Roger

0 Kudos
rogergreen
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Please could I have a reply to my last two posts

Regards

Roger