Menu
Ferrous-Oxide
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere

Is anyone else having problems with TV Anywhere today? Worked fine yesterday, now not working on either iPhone or Kindle Fire. Just says TiVo box not connected to network, yet Tivo box itself says it is connected.

Have tried re-installing apps but no effect.

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere

Hi Alan, 

From what you've told me, it looks as though the app is working how it should be in that case. 

In order for the extra features to be available (Using the device to control your TV) your TiVo® and Device have to be connected to the same network. 

You would need to connect your TiVo® to your hub via an ethernet cable. 

If watching live TV from your device is all you want to do though then you don't need this connection. It just means you'll need to use the remote instead of your device. 

You can watch live broadcasts from the streamable channels away from home too as long as you are connected to a UK wifi network. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Ferrous-Oxide
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I see that I am not the only person with this problem and it has been around for months.

Are Virgin Media ever going to sort out the problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ferrous-Oxide, 

Thanks for your post and apologies you are getting this error message. 

Usually for this error message to be displayed, it means you are trying to watch a programme / recording that's not available via TV Anywhere.

What are you trying to do when this error message comes up? 

There are only a selected few channels that you can live stream from. These are identifiable by the little streaming icon to the left of the channel logo. 

In order for your TiVO® to be connected to the network, you would need an ethernet cable running from your TiVo® to the hub. Have you made this connection?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Ferrous-Oxide
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Here's a curious thing, both iPhone and Kindle Fire apps still say that I have no TiVo box on my network, yet I can still watch TV anywhere where the shows allow.

I haven't tried out the apps in a non Virgin Media environment (with internet of course), but it does work in another location with Virgin Media.

Dare I assume that I can indeed watch TV anywhere?

Thanks

Alan

0 Kudos
Ferrous-Oxide
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Again,

I knew I would forget something !!

The message appears at the top of the Guide Page before I try and watch anything.

Text top left says Guide.

Top right is menu icon, next to it a search (magnifying glass) icon and on far right is a greyed out pause icon with a grey circle with a yellow cross superimposed on it.

Pressing this cross gets a pop up asking to be connected to the TiVo box. Selecting continue brings up a 'working' icon that gives way to the message No TiVo box connected to this network.

I hope that helps a bit more :-)

Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Alan, 

From what you've told me, it looks as though the app is working how it should be in that case. 

In order for the extra features to be available (Using the device to control your TV) your TiVo® and Device have to be connected to the same network. 

You would need to connect your TiVo® to your hub via an ethernet cable. 

If watching live TV from your device is all you want to do though then you don't need this connection. It just means you'll need to use the remote instead of your device. 

You can watch live broadcasts from the streamable channels away from home too as long as you are connected to a UK wifi network. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Ferrous-Oxide
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help Kath,

Obviously I hadn't noticed the little icon before and because I could watch programs I wouldn't have been aware of.

The explanation was very clear, which to an old duffer like me is valuable !

Thank you once more and I hope the other problems you have heaped upon you are as easy to solve.

Alan

0 Kudos
Roydd
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

"you use your remote instead of your device" I do not understand what this means! I want to watch TV Anywhere and only certain channels can be watched on my smartphone.

Roy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Kath_F, It's about time this confusing message about the TiVo not connected is changed to:

"You are trying to watch a channel that cannot be streamed. Please choose a channel with the wifi symbol"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan, 

Glad to hear that and thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy 

If you have any further issues going forward, come back to us here and we'll be happy to help.

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos