Menu
forgodsake
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere

I cannot get the remote icon to work on our ipads, phoned yesterday (21/01/16) everything done correctly but told it won't work because the Tivo box is connected via a powercable and not direct to the hub. Yet the Youtube video set up guide explains how to do it using a powercable!! So which is correct please? I really want to use the remote on the ipad!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere

Hi forgodsake, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you involved in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've not yet been able to make a connection between the hub and TiVo® to enable you to use your device as a remote control. 

The way in which you reboot the equipment can be the difference between a successful connection and a fail. 

Follow the reboot directions here:

Turn off the powerline adapters, TiVo® and the hub. 

Make sure the ethernet cables are plugged in securely to the TiVo® and the Hub.

Turn the Hub back on and wait for the tick/ready light to be steady and online. 

Turn the TiVo® on and wait until you can navigate through the menus without delay. 

Turn on the powerline adapters and make sure there is a connection between the two. 

This should form the correct links and allow you to use the remote control features. 

Let me know how it all goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To enable the additional functions of TV Anywhere, your TiVo must be connected to your home network through its Ethernet port.

The connection can be either direct Ethernet cable or powerline adapters or universal wifi adapter.

0 Kudos
forgodsake
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the quick reply.
It is connected to the powerline direct to the hub, I have switched everything off and rebooted and changed setting on the TV to allow for remote access.
Any other ideas?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi forgodsake, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you involved in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've not yet been able to make a connection between the hub and TiVo® to enable you to use your device as a remote control. 

The way in which you reboot the equipment can be the difference between a successful connection and a fail. 

Follow the reboot directions here:

Turn off the powerline adapters, TiVo® and the hub. 

Make sure the ethernet cables are plugged in securely to the TiVo® and the Hub.

Turn the Hub back on and wait for the tick/ready light to be steady and online. 

Turn the TiVo® on and wait until you can navigate through the menus without delay. 

Turn on the powerline adapters and make sure there is a connection between the two. 

This should form the correct links and allow you to use the remote control features. 

Let me know how it all goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
forgodsake
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kath
Thankyou, this worked. However a lesson learnt, if you have a splitter on the end of the powerline the Ethernet has reduced power, once I disconnected one cable and connected direct to the powerline it worked.
If the Virgin technical department explained this correctly on my first enquiry job would have been done, perhaps they need a help?
Thanks so much.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi forgodsake, 

Thanks for coming back and letting me know things are resolved now. 

If you have any further issues, come back to me and let me know.

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos