Menu
chad12
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere

I cannot log on to Sky Sports on my computer. It's OK on TV. I use  Windows 10. I have tried Firefox, Chrome and IE. After several hours on to tech help. They stated  Sky had problem with Win 10 and perhaps  I should reverrt to Win 8. Or contact Sky. Does anyone else have this problem. A coupl of weeks ago eveything worked well. I suspect I am being " Fobbed Off"' . They also suggestd that I tansfer to my Tablet. After registering the tablet I found my version of android was not compatable with Virgin TV Anywhere.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere

VM staff frequently guess & get things wrong when they don't know, which is unhelpful in the extreme.

I use Windows 10 with TVA & Sky Go in Firefox & it works fine. Your Flash and Silverlight must be up to date.
0 Kudos
chad12
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I uninstalled Silverlight and reinstalled latest version and keep flash up to date. Now that I have changed to Android I cannot change back to windows until 1Feb. I will have another go at help desk and hope to get a clued up Tech.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you can be bothered to call & explain, they will probably allow you another device change. Be clear that you need an additional Sky device, else they'll assume you mean TV Anywhere & of course devices for the two platforms are managed separately.
0 Kudos
chad12
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your support. I tried again with the help desk and got a very helpful lady. She understood my problem and soon passed me to a "Tech" who found  that Sky Sports App had not been registered . We could only get IE to work correctly. I was thankful for small mercies. Thank you again. chad12