Menu
JC4658
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere

I have a TIVO box at home and watch TV Anywhere on the go.

In the last few days I have been unable to access this on my laptop.

When I try to login to the channel the curser spins for while and says "Please wait until we detect your device" then after a minute says "Device detection has timed out"

Can anyone help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere

Hi JC4658, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you involved in the Community. 

It would really help if we had some more information to diagnose things at this end. 

What OS is your laptop running?

Are there any updates to complete?

Make sure your flash player is fully up to date too.

What browser are you using? 

Deleting the cache, cookies and history, does this make any difference?

Currently looking at your registered devices, there is only 1 iPad registered. Have you been able to register this laptop previously or is this the first time you are attempting to do so?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

JC4658
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere

Thanks Kath

I spent over an hour with a helpful chap at Vurgin Media earlier this week. We de-registered my MacBook Pro and tonight I re-registered it and using my home network was able to access TV Anywhere successfully. Obviously, as you will perceive, this is hardly a test of TVA - watching it at home - but at least I'm halfway there.

We also tried to register my iPad but it sent an error message that it was registered as an overseas device which it wasn't. Anyway I tried to use my iPad tonight to access TVA but the system didn't recognise it even where it said IPad. So I de-registered the IPad and tried to re-register it as an iPad but the system said as I already had made two registrations this month !

So I shall wait patiently until next year to try again with the iPad!

Regards

Jonathan

0 Kudos