Menu
angiejones720
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere

Hi,

Is the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge Android 5.1.1 compatible with TV Anywhere? When I try to watch a programme, it keeps flashing 'reconnecting'. I deleted my other devices on my desktop because I couldn't do it on my phone. I managed to connect my new device, but when I went to watch something, it kept telling my to register my device. I get the feeling that I should just get a box for my bedroom, because I've had nothing but problems with this app!

Hope you can help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere

Hi angiejones720,

Thanks for your post and i'm sorry to hear you're having continued problems with the app. 

The S6 isn't supported by us although it should work. We've not had any issues reported with it. 

When you try to register the device, what error message comes up? 

What was your previous device?

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
angiejones720
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I deleted my other two devices because I no longer have them, and then registered my s6 edge. When I sign in, it either keeps flashing 'reconnecting' or when it does connect, and I go to watch something, it says, "register your device". Well it is registered, because I've seen it!

Hope you can help.

Kind regards,

Angie Jones Smiley Sad

ps my previous devices were s5 which I also had problems with, and the tab 4, which worked perfectly and they're all Samsung Galaxies!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi angiejones720,

Thank you for your post on the Forum. Sorry to hear that you are having problems getting the TV Anywhere app to work with your Samsung S6 Edge. I have the same make/model of phone and I've been testing this with the app.

While the Samsung Edge isn't supported by Virgin Media, you should be able to run the TV Anywhere app. I've been able to access the guide and stream live channels. Are you still having the same issue?

When you are trying this, are you going through a WiFi connection? If you are trying this via a 3G or 4G connection, it isn't going to work--it has to be through WiFi. If the problem is still ongoing, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. 

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
angiejones720
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

When I go into the app on my s6 edge, It flashes, 'reconnecting'. The only way I can get out of the app is to press the home button. Pressing the back button doesn't do anything! When I do get into the app, I load the programme I want to watch but it tells me to register my device. It's already registered because I did it on my pooter, I couldn't do it on my phone! My wifi is turned on. I am aware that the app doesn't work without wifi. As a matter of interest, would VPN prevent it from working?

Hope you can help,

Kind regards,

Angie Jones 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
angiejones720
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Just a little update. It was my VPN that was causing the problem! When I went into the app and my wifi kicked in, it came on but I still couldn't watch anything, so I deleted my phone, then re-instated it, then I was able to watch something 'til my VPN kicked in then it threw it out, so I disconnected it. It's now working properly. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for all ur help.

Kind regards,

Angie Jones 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angie, 

Thanks for coming back and updating us on how things have gone. 

VPN isn't something we support with TV Anywhere so I would have suggested to disable this. 

I'm glad that you figured this out and things are now working for you. 

If you have any further issues, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
butcher30
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm having same problem with my Samsung galaxy s6 edge when on wifi just flashes reconnecting but when on 4g can load it but wont play any think cause not on wifi

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi butcher30,

I have already replied to your thread you created here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/tv-anywhere-not-working-on-s6edge/m-p/2978580#M2676...

Please only post once about your issue. Duplicate posts can make the Community appear busier than it is and also means it can take staff longer to reply. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos