Menu
nh88726
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere

Hi,

I've just downloaded the TV Anywhere app on a Sony Experia SP phone. Not realising that connecting an HDMI cable (as I wanted a bigger screen from time to time rather than squinting at a small phone screen) would block the app I now keep getting the error message D:1 even when the HDMI cable is removed.

1. How can I remove this error message ?

My laptop is Windows 10 and has windows edge (replacement browser for explorer).

2. Do you know when Virgin will start to support windows 10 and edge via an app ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere

Hi nh88726,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue using TV Anywhere on your Sony Experia phone. 

It's possible the app is remembering that the HDMI was connected and therefore throwing up this error. 

Try deleting the app, rebooting the phone and re-downloading the app. Has this made any difference?

With regards to Windows 10 and Edge, neither is supported for use with TV Anywhere currently. Some customers have confirmed that it works on Windows 10 when using Firefox but Edge won't work. Some of the community maybe able to provide you with some support for this. 

Let us know how things go with your phone. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
nh88726
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I've used Firefox with windows 10 and it's working fine. Thanks for this.

As for the app there is really no point in keeping it on such a small screen. Would be good though if at some time in the future an HDMI connection could be enabled, or even other things such as via Chromecast, etc.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi nh88726,

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Being honest, I highly doubt this feature will become available but it is something we know customers are interested in so you never know. Smiley Happy

Have you managed to get the app working now since you last posted?

Stick with me on this. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
nh88726
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Yes, that has worked.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

nh88726 wrote:

Hi Kath,

I've used Firefox with windows 10 and it's working fine. Thanks for this.

As for the app there is really no point in keeping it on such a small screen. Would be good though if at some time in the future an HDMI connection could be enabled, or even other things such as via Chromecast, etc.

Kind regards.

I think the app is worth having simply for the fact of setting up and managing recordings remotely, I use the app a lot but have never used the streaming feature.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi nh88726,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are working for you now Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues please just let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos