Menu
lansdowne
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere won't work on Samsung S7 Edge

I had a Samsung S7 Note which was recalled and so got an S7 Edge and installed the App. I changed the device in my profile, but can not stream any channels to watch on the phone. I get an error message saying the phone is not compatible. Is this right with a brand new phone recently introduced?  What do I have to do to make it work?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere won't work on Samsung S7 Edge

Nope, not compatible. There are many posts on here about VM's inability to provide support for any decent phone, for at least a year after it's been superceeded by a newer version..

chances of it happening any time soon are minimal...

J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The future is a long time three years for a 4G mobile service, seven months for this issue, eighteen months on the billing issue on mobile account, ordering and porting issues on mobile accounts, over subscriptions issues on broadband, a diabolical email service.

This is a long list of in the future resolutions

Virgin Media really need to pull their sock up.
I feel sorry for the frontline staff, those that try hard, care about customers, have pride in their work and have their positions degraded by an uncaring management system that's only getting worse, for the staff and for the customers all long suffering.

Rant over...........

All Replies
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Nope, not compatible. There are many posts on here about VM's inability to provide support for any decent phone, for at least a year after it's been superceeded by a newer version..

chances of it happening any time soon are minimal...

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Both Smiley Happy

Thank you for your messages in the TV boards.

The S7 is indeed not currently compatible with the TV Anywhere software. I can tell you that any software 6.0.1 or above will not work, however if you are updating from an older version to 6.0.1, that will work.

Many thanks for your time guys and please stay in touch, if there are any updates, (in which there will be in the future), we'll update the boards Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The future is a long time three years for a 4G mobile service, seven months for this issue, eighteen months on the billing issue on mobile account, ordering and porting issues on mobile accounts, over subscriptions issues on broadband, a diabolical email service.

This is a long list of in the future resolutions

Virgin Media really need to pull their sock up.
I feel sorry for the frontline staff, those that try hard, care about customers, have pride in their work and have their positions degraded by an uncaring management system that's only getting worse, for the staff and for the customers all long suffering.

Rant over...........
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi J0hn,

Customer service is such a massively important aspect here and I'm sorry that you feel we have let you down. It looks from your comment that we have certainly room to improve on. Feedback is so very important to us, especially when it comes the people important to us, we hope to give you a better impression in the future. 

Thank you for your input and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ben, your sorry "I feel" that sounds like it's all in my mind, I find this an unacceptable tone from you.
I spend some of my time helping you guys out here from the goodness of my heart knowing you are all hard pushed to cope (just look at the thread response times from staff) and you think Virgin's woes are in my mind.

Totally totally unacceptable!
0 Kudos
lansdowne
Tuning in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

This reply isn't much use to anyone!

You confirm it doesn't work and that Virgin have no intension of solving the problem very soon!

Thanks for nothing😠
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

BenD_H wrote:

Hi J0hn,

Customer service is such a massively important aspect here and I'm sorry that you feel we have let you down. It looks from your comment that we have certainly room to improve on. Feedback is so very important to us, especially when it comes the people important to us, we hope to give you a better impression in the future. 

Thank you for your input and have a great day.

Ben

Ben, if 'customer service' is as you claim 'massively important' can you explain just why it now takes almost 2 weeks for someone to answer the posts on here??

Or, why after waiting 25 minutes 'on hold' on the phone, we get 'cut off'??

Or why, the 'live chat' is always so busy you can try for 30 minutes, refreshing every 30 seconds or so, and STILL not get through??

Or, if you are lucky enough to get through on the phone, the person DOES NOT LISTEN to what you tell them, but continues to 'read from the script' ignoring the fact you are trying to tell them that you have already tried this, and more than once, as EVERY time you DO manage to get through, the script starts again, without any reference to earlier calls, or what has been already attempted?

I wonder if anyone at VM actually looks at the statistics from all these 'satisfaction surveys' that we keep getting bombarded with, asking for our 'feedback'... obviously not....

VM , as JOhn said, really needs to pull it's socks up and raise it's game Ben... It's becoming something of an embarrasement looking at the replies and times for 'staff' to reply. I also wonder if VM deliberately leave answering so long, in the hopes that some of us contributors can actually answer the posts, saving you the job!!

lansdowne
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

J0hn

I think VM are more than happy for you to do their job for them as Ben signs off "have a good day" - that's him reading the script which says be polite to the customer who pays our wages!
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

No for him to say " I'm sorry that you feel we've let you down" fails on every level to acknowledge that there is the slightest issues with any of Virgins services or customer support. That the issue is only down to my feelings being hurt.

I'd fully explain how my feelings are towards him and his comments, but someone would redact them and email me a slapping enuf said, I'm not in the mood to be polite
0 Kudos