Menu
paulihenry
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere won't play

Hi 

I am having issues with TV Anywhere on my laptop. It is the only thing that is giving any problems, all other programs and apps are working perfectly. I have checked and rechecked components on my laptop.

When I play and episode on TV Anywhere, it will start to play and then after a minute or two it will just stop. At times it will even freeze the firefox browser. 

It seems that the request sent to retrieve the video playback is not strong enough to actually play the video! This is an issue that Virgin will have to fix. I'm for that to happen. I am not satisfied with their service of TV Anywhere. 

Has anyone had a problem with buffering or timing out that has been fixed?

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere won't play

This has been going on for years. It's been such a source of frustration that I decided to give up on TVA completely. I occasionally pop in to see if there's any improvement but there never is. I have spent days of my life reporting instances of streams stalling, buffering & repeat/skipping. It's still not fit for purpose, and VM apparently don't give a damn.

Last week I tried to watch for an hour, and it stalled 28 times in an hour, requiring a refresh & restart every time. You can't enjoy watching TV like that.

One of the web team will be along in a few days with a link for you to report the issues you are facing. Don't think for one minute anything with be done about it though, I don't think they even read the reports they receive. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulihenry, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you have been having with trying to watch TV Anywhere. 

This isn't what we like to see and I'm more than happy to take a look at what's going on for you. 

First of all, What channel and programme were you trying to watch? 

Do you get this issue no matter what time of day you try to stream channels?

When you have the buffering, running a speed test on your pc do you get the same result as normal? 

If you can also report any occurrences of the issue here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Anywhere-Buffering-Issues/td-p/2852182 We are always making little changes in the background and on the whole things have improved dramtically but we are still ironing out the creases. 

All reports are taken seriously and are looked at by the team too. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What version of Firefox are you using?

0 Kudos
paulihenry
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To answer your questions. I am using the latest Firefox, only just downloaded it last week because I thought there might have been an issue with the browser. 

And yes it does not matter what time of day, or whether it's during the week or weekend. The main channels I watch are all of BBC, Fox and Sky1. 

I have not bothered to watch any of it in the last week. I would rather miss my programs than sit through a constant refresh. 

Thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
smith1
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same old crap you tell us every time. Lies, lies, lies.
0 Kudos