Menu
NSJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere with Asus ZenPad10

Hi,

I seem to be having issues streaming on the tablet that I got for Xmas. Its a Zenpad 10 Z300C. I first get a message that if there are 'unauthorised modifications...' the service will not work. Then the screen goes black like its trying to load. Then back to the guide display. Quite often after that 'TV anywhere has stopped working'.

The tablet is literally days old. There are about 5-6 apps downloaded from Google Play, and that's it. I'm not smart/brave enough to do anything like rooting, so I am certain it has not had unauthorised modifications made. So can you tell me how I can fix this please?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere with Asus ZenPad10

Hi NSJ, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you have been having with your new ZenPad. 

Usually when this error comes up it's due to a modification within the OS or possible a default app on some tablets. 

Do you have the SuperSU app or the Superuser app currently installed on the device?

What OS id the tablet running?

Let me know so I can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
NSJ
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It has literally nothing installed on it outside of some google play apps.eg. netflix, flixter, chromecast and tvanywhere. Thats pretty much it!

I have no idea what superSU is, so that should not be on there. 

It is model P023, running android 5.0.2.

Let me know if you need any more information, as I would like to get this fixed,

cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi NSJ,

Thank you for getting back to us with that requested information.  

The Asus ZenPad10 isn't a supported device to stream live channels via TV Anywhere (also see previous post regarding Unauthorized Modifications). You can use it to manage your TiVo®, which means you can set recordings, change series links, delete recordings, see what's on TV, and use your tablet as an advanced remote control.

Apologies that this is not the update that you expected and for any inconvenience this may cause you. If the ZenPad 10 is added to our list of supported devices in future, we will update the following supported Android Devices for TV Anywhere list found here.  Also, please see this link for further technical requirements for using Virgin TV Anywhere.

Regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
tjs633
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem, when I spoke to the tech department, they told me it was nothing to do with Virgin, Having read your post I feel they could have told me what you were told. Instead I've wasted time contacting both Asus and PC World.

Thanks for Nothing Virgin Media

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi tjs633, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry that the agents on the phone weren't more of a help to you. 

I've fed some feedback to the team managers to ensure awareness is raised on the Technical elements. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos