Menu
FishFD3S
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere via WIFI

I'm able to login on both my android tablet and phone, but I can only stream content via my phone using its data package, but not via a wifi connection.

I use a work wifi connection due to working in a basement and not getting any signal. Sadly it appears that all I can do is set remote recordings and not stream to either device. Is this correct or should I be able to watch live TV but via a different wifi connection than my home setup?

Thanks

Fish

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere via WIFI

You need to clarify your problem please.

You suggest that you can stream via TV Anywhere using mobile data. This is not possible as the service is wifi only.

When connected to wifi, you should be able to stream live TV but only those channels with a wifi symbol. Try 104.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It works wifi only however you mention you are using it at work.
My wifi connection at work lets me control my recordings etc but when I come to use it for streaming it is blocked internally so could be a similar issue for you.
0 Kudos
FishFD3S
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Turns out it's not blocked at work, just that unlike SkyGo you can only watch certain channels, not all the channels that we have in our TV package! 

Yet another half baked option from Virgin!

Fish

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Depending on your package you can access over 100 live channels using TV Anywhere. That is more than is available via Sky Go.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own