Menu
Thomson83
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere via 4G

Hi all,

I've just come from Sky to Virgin and disappointed that I can't watch much content on my mobile via 4G - and it actually seems like nothing will stream compared to almost everything with SkyGo.

Can anyone advise the following - 

1. Can you view a decent amount of content on 4G?

2. What live channels/box set providers allow this? I've not had any luck so far. 

3. Advise why the app constant tries to connect with my box despite being away from home...

For info I'm using an iPhone 6S on Giffgaff.

Cheers

0 Kudos
chriscl
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere via 4G

Thomson83 wrote:

Hi all,

I've just come from Sky to Virgin and disappointed that I can't watch much content on my mobile via 4G - and it actually seems like nothing will stream compared to almost everything with SkyGo.

Can anyone advise the following - 

1. Can you view a decent amount of content on 4G?

2. What live channels/box set providers allow this? I've not had any luck so far. 

3. Advise why the app constant tries to connect with my box despite being away from home...

For info I'm using an iPhone 6S on Giffgaff.

Cheers

1. None, Virgin don't allow 4G connections

2. None. Virgin don't allow 4G connections

3. Because it's frankly rubbish.

sorry, but as you've discovered, VM's "streaming" option is a very poor alternative to Sky GO and other streaming services like iPlayer, Netflix, BT and Amazon Prime Video. 

And they show absolutely zero desire to make it any better, insisting the restrictions are all the fault of "the content providers".

0 Kudos