Menu
Jlwelch
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere streaming error A:3328

I wanted to watch the tennis on my ipad at work but kept getting a streaming error 3328.  I googled the error and found a forum post saying that I needed to ensure my device management was up-to-date.

I found this webpage:

Device management for Virgin TV Anywhere

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE...

However, when I go to My Profile on a PC, there is NOT a device settings option or anything that resembles it.

And when I try to access device settings on both my ipad and iphone, I get the streaming error message 3328 although I'm not trying to stream anything, I'm just trying to access the device settings menu.

FYI, I've got an Ipad Pro with the latest IOS installed and an iphone 4S with IOS 8.4.1 installed.  Rebooting the app and devices did not solve the problem.

How am I supposed to manage my devices if I can't access the settings?  Can someone help me please?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere streaming error A:3328

Hi Jlwelch, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to see a new face getting involved with the Community Smiley Happy

Make sure you are going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings.

If you are logging into My VM and going to My Profile this will give you different options. 

Let me know if you have any further issues Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jlwelch
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath.  I can now see the device settings, but it doesn't show that I have any devices registered.

It seems to register a device, I need to do it from the device but I get the A:3328 error message every time I hit device registration within the app.

How am I possibly going to fix this?

0 Kudos
Jlwelch
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So I just tried on my new iphone and was able to register the device.  But when I try to watch any channel on my iphone I get the same A:3328 streaming error message.

I re-installed the app on my ipad pro, and still can't register the device.

IS there anyone from Virgin Media reading this who can help solve this problem?  I never had this issue with sky go.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jlwelch, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

So currently the situation stands as:

iPhone: Able to register but not stream?

iPad: Unable to register - Same error message as the iPhone?

Is this right? 

Checking the account I can see your iPhone registration there which is great news. What channel are you trying to stream? Trying channel 4, does this give you the same error message?

What iOS are both the devices on?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
mattjawhiley
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've been trying to do them same. my iPad Pro is registered device. i was using it to watch something then it went off and i got the error message

how can this be rectified 

Matt

0 Kudos
Kieran1974
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am having exact same issue, was working then stopped then not been able to stream since. iPad Air 2 iOS 9.3.

Any constructive help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
mattwoott
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I constructively offer the advice that at the time of contract renewal you find a new supplier as this app fails all the time..........
Especially if you are trying to watch a sporting event for example.
0 Kudos
fabtastique
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I use this every day on my iPad, yesterday it worked but today it doesn't.  I now get the A:3328 streaming error.  When I try to go into device management in the iPad app I get the same streaming message. I can login to the anywhere.virginmedia portal on my laptop and it shows now that I have no devices registered.

how am I supposed to add my iPad back in as a device when I keep getting this message.  Please fix this mess asap.

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Apologies to hear about the issues you were having on Wednesday using the app. 

This issue was a known fault and has since been resolved. Are you still having the same error message? 

Log back in online via anywhere.virginmedia.com and see if your device is still registered in the Device Settings section. 

Let me know if you are still having an issue. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos