Menu
rg9876
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere streaming error 1001

The TV Anywhere app for iPad gives me a streaming error 1001 message on every channel I try to stream. I have deleted and reinstalled the app numerous times to no avail. When I logged this last week on the live chat I was told it would be resolved by 2 March, but it still isn't working.

This problem seems to be exclusive to my Virgin Media account as I have just logged in on the same device using my mum's account details and everything works fine.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere streaming error 1001

Hi rg9876,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV Anywhere app.

We have recently had issues with this error on TV Anywhere that has since been resolved. Are you still getting the same error?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rg9876
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I attempted to stream something yesterday and this time it said my device was not registered. However, upon visiting the device registration page it was clearly listed among the registered devices! But I could not delete it and re-register as I have no more device changes this month, having used them all up attempting to rectify this problem with the help team on the online chat over the previous few weeks.

I have attempted to login again this evening only to be told there is a high demand for the service and can I please try again later. Does the service ever not have a problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi rg9876,

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

If you updated the app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos