Menu
DT123
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere still no Sky Sports - Urgent now needed for The Masters!

Sky sports 1 -5  will  still not play on TV anywhere. SSN does play as do BT Sports and Sky Cinema.  What is happening??? The Masters starts within the next week or so and my husband will be unbearable to live with if this is not fixed - Virgin I need your help.

I have reinstalled Silverlight, Flash and Java, Deleted & re-registered my laptop and rebooted my PC. What do I do now?  Sky sports was working fine up to 2 days ago and nothing changed here.

I'm using an HP Laptop HF2BH74P
Windows 10
Version 1607
64 Bit

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere still no Sky Sports - Urgent now needed for The Masters!

Use Internet Explorer 11. It comes with Windows 10 but you'll have to search for it. It will nag you to use Edge instead. Don't do that.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When you re-registered it, did you make sure you were making changes to Sky devices rather than Virgin Media's devices? They are managed separately.

TV Anywhere device management: http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/

Sky device management: http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

So you can have completely different devices registered for VM and Sky, and quite easily make changes to the wrong registrations if you aren't careful.

If you've done everything right, in IE, try this link & see if the video plays. If it does, Silverlight is installed, active & working fine.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Use Internet Explorer 11. It comes with Windows 10 but you'll have to search for it. It will nag you to use Edge instead. Don't do that.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to the above.

I'm making a guess you were previously using Firefox. Firefox 52 removed support for Silverlight which is what Sky Cinema and Sky Sports use to show content. This version of Firefox is now part of the auto update on people's computers.

Once Windows PCs only Internet Explorer supports Silverlight now.

TV Anywhere itself uses Flash and so is still supported by Firefox for now, in addition to Internet Explorer and Edge in Windows 10.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
DT123
Joining in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, should have said I'm already using IE 11 - (Edge is awful!)
0 Kudos
DT123
Joining in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but I'm using IE 11 and nothing I do will make Sky Sports play. I need some serious help here!
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When you re-registered it, did you make sure you were making changes to Sky devices rather than Virgin Media's devices? They are managed separately.

TV Anywhere device management: http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/

Sky device management: http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

So you can have completely different devices registered for VM and Sky, and quite easily make changes to the wrong registrations if you aren't careful.

If you've done everything right, in IE, try this link & see if the video plays. If it does, Silverlight is installed, active & working fine.

0 Kudos
DT123
Joining in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Crocket, Thanks for your suggestions.

I did re-register on the Sky devices page and have also now double checked but still no joy (the streaming video played, thank you).

I can't understand why these few channels should suddenly stop playing as they were fine last week; also SkySportsNews, BT Sport and Sky Cinema are fine.

If I tear anymore of my hair out over this I'll be bald by the end of the week! Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport is served up by TV Anywhere, so that is why that one is working. For Sky premium channels, you have to go to Sky directly. Sky Sports news is on TV Anywhere, but as a Sky Sports subscriber you can also access through the Sky portal.

Sorry to hear things still aren't working for you. It sounds like you are doing all the right things, and I'm running out of ideas. What is showing in your Sky devices page? Does it look like the device is registered or do you have an empty slot or two?

Registration for Sky devices works slightly differently. The idea is that you ensure you have a free slot, then go to Sky Sports & start trying to stream; it should register the device automatically.

Forget about starting on the TV Anywhere page, go directly here:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/sky-sports-1

Click "log-in to watch", then click the Virgin Media users log-in button, and log-in using your primary account credentials. What happens?

When you say Sky Sports is working, do you mean via TV Anywhere, or streaming it directly from the Sky Sports website?

0 Kudos
DT123
Joining in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I do have a free slot on the Sky devices plus my laptop is registered in the other slot. What I don't understand is why it has suddenly stopped working

This is what I get from your link - and as I've been trying to access SS1 previously

"This page can’t be displayed
•Make sure that the web address https://my.skysports.com is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.
Fix connection problems" (this link finds no solution)

I don't know what I can now do differently apart from giving up...

Thank you for all your suggestions Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

No idea why it is trying to redirect you to to that URL

When I click the link I posted, it takes me to this:

Sky.PNG

Obviously, the web address https://my.skysports.com is NOT correct. 

Try emptying the cache in IE11, restart the machine to see if you can then see the right page as above. As a last resort you can try deleting cookies but I suspect that is going to use up a device change if you manage to successfully register afterwards.

What about if you try to access the URL I posted in another browser - will the page load then? Obviously don't try to log in. We just need to get you to the right page, and IE doesn't seem to want to go there.

0 Kudos