Menu
cnrmccnn
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere saying device isn't registered, even though it is.

As the title says, my device is clearly registered as one of the two registered devices, but the service is telling me it isn't.

I know it's registered because it did the same thing, even though it was already registered, just a few days ago; and I had to waste the pathetic single switch we are given to fix a problem that shouldn't exist.

I'm not looking for a fix because I've had this problem for all the years I've been using the service and I know it won't be coming, I just want you to allow me to reset my device *again* so I can actually use the service we are paying for. 

Thanks

arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere saying device isn't registered, even though it is.

cnrmccnn wrote:

As the title says, my device is clearly registered as one of the two registered devices, but the service is telling me it isn't.

I know it's registered because it did the same thing, even though it was already registered, just a few days ago; and I had to waste the pathetic single switch we are given to fix a problem that shouldn't exist.

I'm not looking for a fix because I've had this problem for all the years I've been using the service and I know it won't be coming, I just want you to allow me to reset my device *again* so I can actually use the service we are paying for. 

Thanks

Ditto.  Had to make a change for the same device.  And now can't add another until 1 October. 

cnrmccnn
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely pathetic isn't it. Most frustrating is it clearly says the device is there, I was watching stuff on it YESTERDAY.

What a mess, not like it's a new issue either

cnrmccnn
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just checked again today and it still isn't working.

Anyone looking at this thread currently, from Virgin, that can give me back the device resets I need? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi cnrmccnn, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the time it''s taken for us to read your post. We're running a little behind on the boards and only now reaching your thread Smiley Sad 

If you updated the app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I've not been able to add a device change for you as I haven't been able to locate your account. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Once I have this I will be able to add a change for you.

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
howdmc
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Kath - I have the same problem and have used 1 change which resolved it.. Would it be possible for you to allow me an extra device change, please, so I can update my tablet as well?

I've Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi howdmc, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you too are having the same issue. 

I have gone into the account and added a device change for you to use. 

Let me know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

I have gone into the account and added a device change for you to use. 

Why can't there be another device change per month?  I added one this weekend, but it took about quarter of an hour to get through and request it, and by the time I managed to re-register the PC it was three hours later and the match was over.  Not that it really mattered because BT Sport wasn't available on my XL package which Anywhere asked me to upgrade to.  I tried that,  but computer said no.  Most likely because I didn't need to.

Is it too much to ask to reconfigure Anywhere to have two device changes/month, especially given its ability to de-register devices you have been happily using for the service the day before?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi arrgee1991,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. At present there's no news to say this will change but that doesn't mean it may not happen in the future.

I understand your frustration with only having one device change a month and we do take on board your feedback as we're always looking to improve the way we do things.

If this does happen, we'll let you know. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
cnrmccnn
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I now have the same problem AGAIN, this is beyond a joke.

Please give me another device change for this month as I have already had to do a change in the past few days due to it not working. If possible give me more, as I anticipate this problem occurring over and over again. 

Absolutely pathetic 

0 Kudos