Menu
alstukes
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere "reconnecting" loop on Samsung S7

Hi. Brand new Samsung s7 stuck in reconnecting loop. Works on 4g to view the guide, seems okay on wifi networks away from home. Hub connected to tivo with ethernet cable (to use remote etc) did anyone ever get to the bottom of this or did the op and everyone disappear?

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere "reconnecting" loop

I think some users reported that turning off Wi-Fi calling got the app streaming.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere "reconnecting" loop

Hi alstukes, 

The new Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge aren't currently able to stream live TV from Virgin TV Anywhere, but you can make use of TiVo management options.

We're really sorry about this, but Virgin TV Anywhere is not currently able to stream live TV to devices that have launched with Android 6.0.1 (which includes both the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge).

We’re working on bringing live TV streaming to these devices as soon as possible.

Please note that devices updating to Android 6.0.1 can continue to stream live TV.

Hope this clears things up, and we'll be able to support these devices as soon as we can.

Thanks, 
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere "reconnecting" loop on Samsung S7

Hi alstukes, 

The new Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are not yet able to stream live TV from Virgin TV Anywhere, but you can make use of TiVo management options.

We're really sorry about this, but Virgin TV Anywhere is not currently able to stream live TV to devices that have launched with Android 6.0.1 (which includes both the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge).

We’re working on bringing live TV streaming to these devices as soon as possible.

Please note that devices updating to Android 6.0.1 can continue to stream live TV.

Hope this clears things up, and we'll be able to support these devices as soon as we can.

Thanks, 
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
videodj
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere "reconnecting" loop on Samsung S7

I know this is an old post, but this is still an issue and Virginmedia still have not released an updated app!  How long does it take to update an app and why does wifi calling cause the app not to work?  Then they have the cheek to increase my bill (3rd time in 12 months!) for "fantastic services" I don't want or use and seem unable to provide anything useful or that works correctly. 

The lastest Tivo update made my box slower than before (if that's possible!), and my broadband is less reliable after the 200mb upgrade.  If I could get alternative fibre in my area I would leave tomorrow! 

Virginmedia really need to pull their finger out, put the price increases to good use and actually provide a decent service.  I'd probably sack your development team and employ a new one, as they clearly don't have a clue what their doing!

0 Kudos