Menu
Beemer
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere problem

Today on my PC and on the TV Anywhere page I select Scotland as the area and All Channels.   I want to record BBC One at 19:30 'Grand Tours of the Scottish Islands'.  What shows instead is the program 'Inside Out'.

If however I look on my Android tablet I see 'Grand Tours of the Scottish Islands'

Why does the PC page not accept Scotland as the area?

Ian

0 Kudos
Beemer
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere problem

No replies to my question Smiley Sad  

Today I wanted to record BBC2 "New Town" 21-22pm and with Scotland selected TV Anywhere shows "Great Continental Railway Journeys" 21-22pm 

Guide on my TV shows the New town program so why is it not shown on my PC? 

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I gave up on TVA a long time ago because of its inability to provide a proper service to allow me to set up recordings. Since I was away from home recently I decided to try again.

Despite having correctly chosen Scotland as the correct area for my service, I was provided with the wrong programmes for BBC1 on 101. Apparently the local news programme for Scotland is BBC North East. As for BBC1 HD on 108, forget it, there was no 108 available on the listing.

Initially this worked correctly but the "Development" team managed to lose the ability to correctly list Scottish channels on an "update". Several of us complained about this for over a year but then the correct channels re-appeared. However the change was never officially notified and it was a fellow customer who spotted it.

Since then the channels have again gone wrong. I suspect that the "Development" team hadn't even noticed that they fixed the problem so they then lost it again on another "update".

Having spent my life in the IT business I have never come across such incompetence as appears to be the norm with the VM team. When they release an update with errors then the normal practice would be to roll back to a previous good version but, as has been confirmed by the Forum team, this basic procedure is beyond their capabilities.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Beemer
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Would this be a problem with the Tivo team?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Beemer wrote:

Would this be a problem with the Tivo team?

Who knows but the same problems seem to apply to both Tivo and TVA development.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos