Menu
Uncle_Dekka
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere problem

Hello. I'm having difficulty with TV Anywhere. What was working ok is now not. I registered my iPad so I could watch my subscription TV at my girlfriend's. It worked fine for a couple of days but has now stopped. 

The registered device is the same but when I try and watch tv it only gives my the option of watching it on to and not my device. Even then it doesn't work. A little box pops up to tell me that I'm not connected to the TiVo box on the home network. I thought that the point of this app was that I could watch to when connected to wifi away from home. It did exactly that until it stopped working. 

What can I do, if anything, to sort this out?

If anyone's got any suggestions then that would be incredibly helpful. 

Many thanks

Pete

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere problem

You are almost certainly trying to watch a channel which cannot be streamed. Only channels with a wifi symbol can be streamed. Try channel 104.

0 Kudos
Uncle_Dekka
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I tried that - did the bbc channels and channel 4. It doesn't even give me the option of watching them on the iPad let alone the tv. The annoying thing is that it was working perfectly and then just stopped for no apparent reason.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Look carefully for the wifi symbol.

You cannot watch any BBC channel because the BBC expect you to use their iPlayer, hence no wifi symbol.

Re Ch4, are you sure you tried 104, with the wifi symbol, and not 142, without the wifi symbol?

0 Kudos
Uncle_Dekka
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again. I'll try that but it's more that it doesn't give me the option of using my device. It worked for BT Sport and other channels but now doesn't let me watch anything. I'll try what you suggest but given that nothing's been working at all I'm not feeling very confident!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It will not give you the option to watch on your device if the channel cannot be streamed.

It will always give you the option to watch on your TV (the one connected to your TiVo) but you get the not connected to home network message if you have not connected your TiVo to your home network.

0 Kudos
Uncle_Dekka
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help. It seems to have resolved itself although it did remove the device is already registered for some reason. Just reregistered it.
0 Kudos