Menu
Mcpx
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere password not recognised

New to Virgin Media, so far, not impressed. 

Have used the TV Anywhere app a couple of times on my android tablet with no issues, came to use it today and it has logged me out and will not accept my password. Reset my password in my account on Virgin website to be sure I am using the correct password and still no joy. Signed out of the website and back in again to confirm the password and it worked fine, back to the app and its invalid. 

Noticed there is a new version of the app so uninstalled and reinstalled it, signed back in but password is still not accepted.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere password not recognised

Is it giving you the high demand error. if so then your password is correct.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Mcpx
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Nope, just the 'invalid username or password'

Presume the password is at fault because it blanks that out and leaves the username in place. Username is my standard 12 year old email so no issue there. Have again just signed into the VM website with the same details without issue, definitely a problem with the app

0 Kudos
jayman-123
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I think I got the same problem as you, it said my password is incorrect on the app, but login into tv anywhere (on my pc) their is no problem with the password??

Is it a problem with app or somethink??

0 Kudos
Mcpx
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Working now with no alteration to password. That means the problem was with Virgins server that authenticates the log on process.

So working again with no explanation, second example of intermittent service in my first week with Virgin, not a great start.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Apologies for the problems you are experiencing with TV Anywhere. If you were experiencing problems over Tuesday and Wednesday of last week it could be due to the high demand issue or work the technicians were doing to restore the service. 

If you are still having this issue, please let me know.

Thank you,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
hardimankeith
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I seem to be having this exact same problem. Changed my password so I know I'm typing in the correct one . Ive even managed to launch the Sky movies app via virginmedia using the VM username and password. But the TV anywhere app on the iPad just doesn't want to know. It keeps saying username or password invalid. 

Very frustrated,

KH

0 Kudos
Mcpx
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Don't worry it will probably be ok by tomorrow and Virgin will get back to you next week sometime.

This seems to be an intermittent fault with Virgins servers that authenticate the log in process. If the problem was with the app it wouldn't change until the app was updated.

0 Kudos
hardimankeith
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Mcpx, You was exactly right. It worked today. Its annoying though, when you go to use it and it won't accept the password.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Summo29
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Judging by this thread this is not an isolated issue but one which needs and resolution. In my case I have downloaded the latest app to my iPhone 6 and iPad both running the most up to date versions of iOS.

I am using exactly the same username and password that successfully allows me to log on to the Virgin Media website so I know that it is correct. On both devices I get the sam message in red

Invalid username or password. Make sure you use you full My Virgin Media username.

Please can someone advise?

Thanks