Menu
StevieB69
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere only works in home mode!

Right this has been going on for a while now, my tv anywhere app on my iPad works fine when I'm at home, I can watch all the channels, use the remote, record shows from it etc etc.......but, when I'm away from home an exclamation mark appears on the "info" tab (bottom left) and on the remote and pause tabs. The app is unable to connect to my TiVo box to watch any of the available channels (strangely it will allow me to still record my shows!). I have tried resetting everything, re-installing the app, resetting my TiVo box but no success. If anybody has any ideas please let me know.

Steve

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere only works in home mode!

Yeah. It only works on Wi-Fi.  Not anywhere.

0 Kudos
StevieB69
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes I know it does! When I'm away from home on any wifi it doesn't work. It use to 6 months ago! Now it only works on my home wifi, it's not really tv anywhere if I can only watch channels on the app in my room next to the TiVo box!!
Do you work for Virgin as your response is typical of their "helplines"!
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The remote and pause icon being greyed out is the correct behaviour in Away mode and it should still let you set recordings, so that all sounds like it's working correctly.

The only issue is not being able to watch channels, can you confirm that you're definitely trying to stream live TV channels that are on the list of available streaming channels, rather than channels that aren't on the list and not trying to watch programs from My Shows? As these will both display the error message you're seeing when in Away mode, as will being connected via a mobile network rather than Wi-Fi but it sounds like you've already confirmed that's not the case.

Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Do you work for Virgin as your response is typical of their "helplines"!

No I don't. Nothing in your original post told me that TV Anywhere was displaying any unusual behaviour whatsoever & I'm not a mind-reader.

0 Kudos
StevieB69
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I apologise, I didn't mean that to come across as it read. I am trying to stream my available channels but it comes up with TiVo box or found on my network, as I previously said it use to work fine up to about 6 months ago! 

0 Kudos
StevieB69
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry meant TiVo box NOT found on my network.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi StevieB69,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you are having problems viewing your TV Anywhere app via your iPad when you on a WiFi connection away from home.

Thanks to Crockret and Tavis75 for providing you with further information on this.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and I have synchronised your TV Anywhere details on your account. Please retry this using your login details for My Virgin Media and let me know how you get on with this.

Regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi StevieB69,

Just checking back with you to see if you are still having problems with TV Anywhere, or if it's working for you now.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
StevieB69
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid there's no difference, works fine in my front room, but when I'm away from home there are exclamation marks on the remote tab/the pause tab and the info tab. If I select an available channel to watch the I get streaming error (A3328), if I press any of the tabs that have the exclamation mark I get the message "not connected to TiVo box on home network". When I select connect I get the message "TiVo box not found on this network". 

Its all very strange but approximately 8 months ago everything was fine, I could watch the tv anywhere app at friends houses, father in laws, and most fast wifi's I had access to!

Any further help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve B

0 Kudos