Menu
tjmack
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere on iOS jailbroken devices

I asked this ages ago, but never really got a reply.

What's the reason for blocking jailbroken devices from installing the TV Anywhere apps?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere on iOS jailbroken devices

To prevent people doing things like streaming what is playing in the app to other devices and prevent recording of what is playing. A jail broken device can get up to a lot of mischief

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
tjmack
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

More than an Android or any other untethered device for that matter?

I don't think so.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've no idea about Android devices, as I don't use those due to the lack of security updates they get (if any after the 1st year.) But the content providers play a main role in what is and isn't allowed. When it comes to what isn't jail broken, the limitations are mostly known, IOS or Android, there's only so much that can be done on a non-jail broken device. Which isn't the case for jail broken devices, anything goes there and anything goes territory isn't territory content providers like or support.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

tjmack wrote:
More than an Android or any other untethered device for that matter?

I don't think so.

TV anywhere will not work on any android device that has been 'rooted' to allow non standard functions (TV anywhere is still not compatible with some of the latest official updates either) so basically, if you 'root' your android (the equivalent of 'jailbreaking' your apple equipment) the result is the same.

So no 'benefits' in having either to be honest. 'stock' apple IOS is the same restrictions as 'stock' android. The moment you do anything to either, the 'non standard' kicks in for both OS's...nobody picking on just Apple,  applies across the board.. 

tjmack
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's a heap of keech.

And now I've reached my 'change limit'.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator