Menu
Rehnn
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere on an iPad

I've recently had Virgin Media installed and I've come across a few problems.

1 - I can't use my tablet to play Virgin TV anywhere on another TV
2 - I can't find out how to watch on demand programs on an iPad - every time I click "watch On Demand" it just says "this programme is now playing on your TV"

How do I achieve the above? The ability to do this where two of the deciding reasons I switched to Virgin Media as I was told I could do this when I signed up.

(equally annoying is that try as I might I can't find an email address or contact form on the Virgin Media support / contact us page(s) )

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere on an iPad

Neither of those things can be done by the TV Anywhere app.

Rehnn
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the Reply.

After more Googling - It does indeed appear that the iPad app doesn't support On Demand or Air Play. Sadly that's not what I was lead to believe when I signed up.

The contact us page doesn't appear to have any email address' or web forms though.

0 Kudos
Rehnn
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If I hooked up a laptop with HDMI out - could I watch TV Anywhere on a TV using that?

(As I'm not in front of a PC with HDMI out right now - I can't test it)

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that will work, but the picture quality is so poor that you'll wonder why you bothered.

Connect the TV first, then start the stream; it has a tendency to fall over if you start streaming on your laptop then switch to HDMI out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rehnn, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

As mentioned by other users, neither of the things you are trying to do are supported. 

You are able to watch some On Demand content via a laptop or pc however not via the app. 

We don't support you connecting your PC / Laptop up via HDMI to another TV and alot of the time, it will throw up an error. 

To find out what you can do with TV Anywhere, have a look here: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=5A4C2178-3613-4196-B0A4-BCAF5C6FA66A

If you have any further queries, let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Rehnn
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

You are able to watch some On Demand content via a laptop or pc however not via the app. 

If you have any further queries, let me know.

Thanks, 

Thanks.

I appreciate that you may not be able to answer this - but do you know why OnDemand is available on Laptop/PC but not iPad? That seems a little bizarre.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rehnn, 

Thanks for coming back to us Smiley Happy

I'd love to be able to provide an answer but it's just one of those features that is only available via a PC / Laptop. 

I know it's to do with the licences we hold with content / channel providers but not sure of the exact reasoning behind it. I will see if I can find out but not holding much luck. 

I'll let you know if I find anything out Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos