Menu
larssonn
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere on Windows phones

I know you currently don't support Windows phones and Microsoft Surface RT. My guess is that you are using Silverlight and that's why you don't support Chrome anymore? Am I right in saying this? If yes, Silverlight is being deprecated and hopefully your developers will write it on HTML5. Can you give me any indication that you will support the devices mentioned above? After all they all do have Internet Explorer.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere on Windows phones

Hi larssonn,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. Apologies that Windows phones are not supported at this time.

You are correct that we use Silverlight. Google Chrome is not supported because they block third party add ons.

We have not received information on the development of TV Anywhere for Windows phones or if the developers will write new updates on HTML5, but if this information is released to us, we will certainly notify all our users in the Community Forum. 

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
larssonn
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere on Windows phones

Thanks Terri for your update. I hope they decide to do an html 5 version and stop the cross browser issues. Silverlight will be ditched in Windows 10 so they are gonna have to think about it in the not too distant future. More and more providers are planning on moving away from Silverlight.
0 Kudos