Menu
karen4
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere on Smart TV

I have just received my TIVO box and was advised that the tv anywhere app could be used on smart TV's.  Does anyone know how to obtain the App via the tv, I can't find anything like google play or amazon etc. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere on Smart TV

You were advised wrongly; the one thing Virgin Media truly excel at. Your TV may be smart, but TV Anywhere isn't.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen4,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you involved in the Community Smiley Happy

TV Anywhere is only available via the website for PC / Laptop devices and via an iOS app or Android app for some Mobile / Tablet devices. 

We don't currently have an app for you to download to use with a Smart TV. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
blreng
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere?

What a joke, it should be call 'TV Where Virginmedia will let you'

So what we all need is a 32 inch iPad in the kitchen to avoid paying for a second co-ax feed (presently £90 a year for a simple splitter config,  plus £60 a year for a second VM Box).

Rhozanion
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh Dear,

Your customers are fickle.

Your customers want to stream

Your customers are not stupid

So my Smart TVs is only Smart Tv for entertainment providers such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Etc

If I have Sky or Virgin I need to plug one of your boxes into it because even though you have developed and app you want to sell me your equipment and charge me line rental. That's a bit rubbish, anyone else agree?

I think both of you are going to be the next Blockbuster.

Trust the two main suppliers not to li9st to their customers and come up with something innovative.

Jukebox1
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It gets worse

I have just had a long conversation with a virgin sales rep about the ability to stream to different rooms around the house as I am currently looking at SkyQ as an option. I am looking to connect a number of devices in 8 rooms.

She told me that it would be no problem providing they were smart TV's in which case the Virgin TV anywhere App could be downloaded and used from any Tivo box. I queried if the app was not only for tablets but was assured that the app could be downloaded onto any device including smart tv's. I also queried the fact that the anywhere app is restricted to a limited number of devices without notice a month in advance etc etc I was told that this was not the case.

SkyQ  seems to be the only option. She did not even mention the possibility of upgrading to a V6 boxes and connecting up to these.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lies upon lies, even when you point out the truth, they still deny it & keep mis-selling. Amazing.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jukebox1, 

Thanks for your feedback and apologies to hear you were given information that is incorrect. 

I've fed this back to the relevant teams to ensure they are clued up on all things TV Anywhere Smiley Happy

The TV Anywhere app can be downloaded to most Tablets and Mobile devices. You can view the specifications required here: Technical requirements for using Virgin TV Anywhere

Currently TV Anywhere is not available as an app for Smart TV's or Game Consoles. 

The device limit has always been the same. 2 devices per Virgin Media account and 1 device change per month. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos