Menu
CerkieGaming
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere on PC

Hello,

So after being on Virgin media for a few years I just noticed I can watch my TV package on my computer so I tried and this is where things went wrong.

I signed in and added my computer as a device then tried to watch a few things (I tried a lot as none where working) when I click play a black box comes up and it starts buffering then it just goes off and nothing happens, I even left it on for 5 minutes but still nothing.

I tried with Internet Explorer and Firefox and both done the same thing, here's what it looks like.(I have all types of adblock disabled)

1d5bf4cc9aa0ebee58092b272c05160824545b4a72d3c4d3009c68f435451bb7

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere on PC

Is Flash player up to date? Although i would have thought there would be an error message if this was the cause.

Check with the technical requirements here: https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...
CerkieGaming
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My Flash player is up to date, I tried with up to date Firefox and Internet explorer and I'm using windows 8.1 so not sure what's happening.

0 Kudos
smithgz
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI just joined Virgin yesterday and getting exactly the same tried under Firefox, Edge, Internet explorer and chrome. It now wont let me change my device or recognise the PC that as registered even though I registered it twice. Not a good start.

On Windows 10 java and flash up to date

0 Kudos
smithgz
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same for me just joined yesterday not a good start. Flash up to date and tried on Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome. It doesn't even recognise my PC as being registered in each browser I had to re register and of course am now blocked for  a month from adding more.

0 Kudos
CerkieGaming
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's working today, that was a bit odd but it seems like it fixed itself.