Menu
ecclesforgold
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere not working on laptop - live TV stream disappears

Hi, I've recently joined Virgin Media and all my other services are working fine.  When it comes to TV anywhere I'm having a few problems.  I have 2 devices registered.  One is a mobile, running android 6.0.1, which I've seen from reading the forums is not supported yet so I understand why it's not working for streaming at present (although it does work as a remote and for setting recordings).  The other one is a laptop which won't allow me to stream and I'm not sure why!

The laptop is registered as a device with TV anywhere, I have de-registered it and re-registered it again with a different browser and still no joy.  I can sign in fine, the device is present and listed as registered, and my V6 box is showing as connected in the settings.  I'm only choosing channels that you can actually stream and am connected to my home wifi network.  The browsers are fully upto date (tried IE11 first and then Firefox) and I updated the flash player for use with Firefox.  When I click on watch live TV the streaming area appears but with an "x" or a broken picture symbol at the top left, if I click on the watch now button the TV stream area on the screen just disappears.  Interestingly I can stream Sky Cinema fine using my Virgin login on their website. 

I've used up my device changes for March trying to re-register again this morning, so any suggestions gratefully received!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere not working on laptop - live TV stream disappears

Hi ecclesforgold, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue live streaming TV Anywhere via your Mobile and Laptop. 

The good news is Android 6.0.1 is now supported so we can have a look at this for you too Smiley Happy

As you're having an issue on both the online and app version, this rules out it being a device issue and more of an account or user issue. 

If we look at the laptop first, go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings and delete the device from the 'My Registered Devices' section. 

In the browser, delete the cache, cookies and history. Also uninstall Adobe Flash. Once you've done this restart your laptop. 

Once it's restarted, open up Firefox or Internet Explorer and re-install Adobe Flash. Once this is done go back to the TV Anywhere website. Sign in as normal and go to the On Now section. Select channel 4 and try to Watch Now. What happens at this point? 

I have re-synced the channels and also added a device change for you to be able to re-register the device. 

Come back and keep us updated on how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ecclesforgold
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply,

Has started working on both devices, didn't even have a chance to try any of the things you mentioned - but I'm not going to question it!

0 Kudos
mbrooks
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I'm getting the exact same problem, do I need to get my channels resynced?

0 Kudos
Newbie4
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same issue, how do I resolve it please?

Kevin
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Newbie4,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this.

Have you tried the steps Kath_F has posted above?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos