Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6 (400 Views)

TV Anywhere - not working on iMac

I can see lots of other queries same as mine but no definite response on what to do.

TV anywhere was working fine a couple of weeks ago. Use an iMac and Firefox and Safari. Now I just get a grey or blue screen. BBC iplayer okay. Sky sports app okay. Netflix okay. Flash player and silver light up to date. iPad app okay (ish).

Do I need to leave Virgin to get a decent mobile tv service? The fact can't use data also means Virgin is inferior to competitors  

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6 (684 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by spam16
‎25-04-2017 19:58

Re: TV Anywhere - not working on iMac

All Replies
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6 (377 Views)

I had this problem and for me it was new Flashplayer that was needed, but the error message is ambiguous a blue ?
Also check your privacy/security to always allow VM
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6 (355 Views)

Flash player is up to date. Looking at other messages, there's clearly an issue with TV Anywhere and Flash. I am not a tech expert but can't understand why BBC iPlayer and Netflix are both okay. And even the Sky Sports app which I login to via my VM account. Seems I need to consider moving from VM as TV on the go is a key requirement for me.

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6 (685 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by spam16
‎25-04-2017 19:58

Tuning in
Message 5 of 6 (341 Views)

Thanks Crockret. Tried the 32 bit idea but as I'm using a Mac, I can't seem to download a 32 bit version of Firefox or Safari. There might be a way of downloading an old version of Firefox but there's lots of warnings on doing this. I agree that VM are either unaware of the actual issue or avoiding it by responding that it's device registration or needs an engineer (neither of which help). Thanks again though.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6 (320 Views)

Re: TV Anywhere - not working on iMac (any chance a moderator could reply?)

VM moderators. Why can I not view any programmes on TV Anywhere when using Safari or Firefox on a Mac mini? I could until a couple of weeks ago. Now it looks like it is loading but then a grey screen appears.

Sky Sports App using VM account is fine. BBC iplayer and Netflix on same machine fine. IPad app is fine. Flash is up to date.

Seems the recent update to Flash is a problem. Lots of others users commenting on this also. Can you confirm it is a problem with flash? And what options we have (that do not include deleting and registering the device)?