Menu
keithyboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere not working on Kindle

I attempted to use TV anywhere on my Kindle fire the other day for the first time in several weeks. The app no longer worked and, when I tried to open it, it began downloading an update. However, each time it does this, the installation fails. I've tried removing and reinstalling but the this doesn't work because the amazon app store's instructions to install don't have any effect.

It says sync and then the app can be installed from the cloud but when i sync, nothing happens.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere not working on Kindle

Which model is your Kindle

The new app requires Fire OS 3.2.8 or later (equal to Android 4.1 or later). In practice this means a 2013 (3rd Generation) Kindle tablet or newer.

Older Kindle tablets aren't now compatible with TV Anywhere.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Which model is your Kindle

The new app requires Fire OS 3.2.8 or later (equal to Android 4.1 or later). In practice this means a 2013 (3rd Generation) Kindle tablet or newer.

Older Kindle tablets aren't now compatible with TV Anywhere.

0 Kudos
keithyboy
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's a 2nd generation, which answers the question. It doesn't answer the question of why virgin now considers my device (which in all other respects suits my needs perfectly) to be obsolete. It seems Virgin expects me to put up with its price increases whilst giving me less.

This might actually be the final straw.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The change is that the new app requires Android 4.1 to work and this change applies to all devices that run Android.

Android 4.1 was released over 4 years ago, but unfortunately Amazon haven't release a version of the Fire OS based on Android 4.1 for your device. They've only done this for the 3rd Generation Fire Tablets, which is why they're now the earliest compatible Kindle devices.

The TV Anywhere app contains several technologies, and as time progresses these component technologies will be updated. Virgin Media have to then update these components in the TV Anywhere app.

So there will come a time when one or several of these components will force the app to require a new minimum OS version. It's impossible to continue to support every OS version (either mobile or computer) indefinitely.

0 Kudos