Menu
awightdel
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere not streaming

Hi, I've just joined Virgin. I registered my iPad Air 2 and my Samsung J5. I downloaded the TV Anywhere app to the iPad. When trying to stream any programs showing the wireless icon on the TV guide I get the V:1001 message. On the mobile, on wi-fi, I get a V:39 message which means I can't stream anything even though I'm sitting just 12 feet from the router.

I read one post that said to remove the  app, de-register  the device, power off the TiVo box. Then after 5 mins restart, download the app, go to Channel 4 to stream then re-register the device. Sorry to say I've used my one change and have to wait until March.

Any advice regarding overcoming this streaming issue would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
todger1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere not streaming

Although almost March, if you ring virgin help and follow the tv option, you will eventually get through to a technician who can reset your device count...
0 Kudos

All Replies
todger1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Although almost March, if you ring virgin help and follow the tv option, you will eventually get through to a technician who can reset your device count...
0 Kudos
awightdel
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the advice. As you say nearly March so I'll re-register my iPad tomorrow.

Still need to solve the ' not streaming V:1001' problem on the iPad and the E:39 not streaming message on my Samsung J5.

Regards

0 Kudos
todger1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't offer much on this other than resetting the Tivo box with a full power down. Tv anywhere is not supported on ipad air2 and Android 6.0.1, allegedly. But my S6 works largely ok. I can't set 'away streaming' on my devices, the S6 and ipad air2. But I can watch programmes on both devices when away from home. Its all a bit weird, but hopefully will get better, especially with the advent of Android 7. The really annoying feature for me is not being able to stream over my network...up to 100meg 4g lte! But I can stream..when it connects..over a pubs crappy wifi at 10 megs... Just barmy, but probably down to a deal with the mobile companies to avoid blocking their oh so few, precious 4g towers!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi awightdel,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV Anywhere.

We've recently had a bit of an issue with TV Anywhere displaying these types of errors but has since been resolved. Give me a shout if you're still having trouble with this and I'll take a look.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos