Menu
misschoo
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere not recognising password

HELP!!!!

i received a new TiVo box this week as my old one broke and since then I have not been able to access TV Anywhere. It says my username and password is incorrect but I can log into my online account fine.

i have been on the phone with support for almost an hour talking to three different people whilst trying to make my dinner and put a 3 year old to bed and no one is helping me!!!! 

8 years I have been a customer of virgin and this is the service I am getting.. Goodbye virgin hello sky!!!!!

0 Kudos
misschoo
Joining in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere not recognising password

NOW I HAVE BEEN CUT OFF FROM THE CALL........... I seriously didn't even get to the shouting stage!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Nialli
Dialled in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue on my iOS devices (but not on my laptop)

0 Kudos
misschoo
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Did you resolve it? if so how?? its so frustrating!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

In some cases the stored password falls out of sync with one or more associated services. Log in to My VM then My Profile -> use the password change option. Put in your current password as the new password - this will cause it to re-sync across VM's services. Try logging in now.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Nialli
Dialled in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Nope

0 Kudos
Nialli
Dialled in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I tried that and it still doesn't work. I had a replacement TiVo installed on Wednesday but that shouldn't make any difference and the service still works from my laptop. I think the iOS upgrade may have buggered up the App authentication - I'll see if we get the same issue on my wife's iPhone (if she hasn't updated it to the latest version yet)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Nialli wrote:

Thanks. I tried that and it still doesn't work. I had a replacement TiVo installed on Wednesday but that shouldn't make any difference and the service still works from my laptop. I think the iOS upgrade may have buggered up the App authentication - I'll see if we get the same issue on my wife's iPhone (if she hasn't updated it to the latest version yet)

Well it was worth the mention, shame that it didn't work for this situation. IOS upgrades are known for breaking the status of a device being allowed to use the service, therein requiring the device to be re-registered. Did you try removing and re-adding the app?

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Nialli
Dialled in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes. And just tried that again but still no joy. 

It's very frustrating - I don't watch many programmes on TV Anywhere but I do use it to programme both TiVos on a daily basis. Or, rather, I used to...

misschoo
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I had a new box this week and since then it's not working. It's so frustrating. I have reset my password three times with no success.. Would be good to get a response form virgin though eh!!! 

0 Kudos