Menu
lukeduke
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere not always available on phone

Hi,

I'm using the TV Anywhere app on my Samsung Galaxy S6 but it has an odd feature where it sometimes doesn't work - this has only been noticeable on the Sports Channels, but in truth that's all I really watch on the go so hard to say for sure.

I've noticed the problem several times on BT sports when you select the channel, click Watch Now, and then the Watch on Phone button doesn't appear.  The odd thing is, is sometimes does appear, but then sometimes doesn't appear.  Last week, I tried to watch the football on BT sport and it let me watch it in the run up to the game, but I briefly changed the channel, then went back to the game after it had started and the Watch On Phone link had gone.  Right now, I'm trying to watch the tennis on Eurosport, and only the Watch On TV option displays.

Update - The Eurosport link is now displaying the Watch On Phone button nearly 15 minutes since original post.  Very odd.

Any ideas what the reason is for this and how to fix it?  Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere not always available on phone

Hi lukeduke, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face in the crowd Smiley Happy

This is certainly a strange issue and something I've not heard of before. 

Usually, channels that are streamable show both options, Watch on TV and Watch on Device, and then channels that are not streamable only show Watch on TV. For a streamable channel to only show the TV option, something isn't quite right. 

Are you switching between HD and SD channels by any chance? HD channels are not streamable you see.

Another things to consider is are you connected to wifi the whole time? If the connection is dropping this could be causing the option to drop to. 

It would be really helpful if you could grab some screenshots and post back here with them to take a better look Smiley Happy

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi lukeduke, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face in the crowd Smiley Happy

This is certainly a strange issue and something I've not heard of before. 

Usually, channels that are streamable show both options, Watch on TV and Watch on Device, and then channels that are not streamable only show Watch on TV. For a streamable channel to only show the TV option, something isn't quite right. 

Are you switching between HD and SD channels by any chance? HD channels are not streamable you see.

Another things to consider is are you connected to wifi the whole time? If the connection is dropping this could be causing the option to drop to. 

It would be really helpful if you could grab some screenshots and post back here with them to take a better look Smiley Happy

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

lukeduke
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your reply.  When I looked again and saw what I was doing, it was the HD thing.  Didn't realise that was an issue, but I must've been trying to use BT HD rather than the ordinary SD option.

Great stuff

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi lukeduke,

Thanks for coming back to me and letting us know things are working for you now.    

If you have any further issues, come back and let us know here Smiley Happy  

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.  

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos